Thursday, September 02, 2010

Catching up and an Award :-)

My friend Drick over at Drick's Rambling Cafe paid me a very nice tribute and also posted another of his recipes that we just gotta try! See his post and recipe for Seafood Artichoke Bake HERE. We have made his Creamy Seafood Pasta dish, (varying the seafood combos with shrimp and scallops one time, crab and scallops another time) and it's always good. I recommend it :-)

Then I was given an award...which is very nice, from Drick, and here it is. I am meant to pass it on to other very cool bloggers and that will follow:

Thank you Drick for this LIFE IS GOOD AWARD
The rules are, to accept this award, I shall answer the 10 questions below and pass the award to six fellow bloggers. (We'll see about that) I believe Life is Good...so I am participating!

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I am fairly happy with how things are looking now. When I started my first blog it was about my Pierce family genealogy. Just a way to stay in touch with cousins who were researching and exchange information. Therefore, I didn’t use my name (Tina Marie) but went by Pierce. Get it, Pierce family history J And you can’t change your name on a new blog…evidently. Or I don’t know how.

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

There are too many…and they all sound stupid written out. I have proverbial calluses on my heels from digging in. My grandmother told me the saying in Upland ( Pennsylvania , where I grew up) was you’d sooner change the mind of a stone than a Dalton . ( Daltons are my ancestors :_)

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?
Someone older than I feel. It is especially startling when I catch a glimpse of myself without expecting to do so……. Whoa! I feel 25 so who is that woman with wrinkles? But I know it’s someone who has had a pretty cool life, so far.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Iced tea and lemonade mixed. Or chardonnay…depends on food choices.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read. Or play Guild wars.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I have fantasy goals. Meaning there are so many things that would be great but I am either too lazy or cash poor to accomplish them. The biggest and probably most outlandish is to move out of the country (and the country of choice is always changing), where Doug and I will happily travel, eat, cook, ride, see new sights and taste foods foreign to us, and write. After a year I would have a travel-foodie memoir of sorts. I’d sell so many books that it would allow us to continue exploring. Told ya it bordered on fantasy.

Pulling myself to earth and looking at a reasonable goal – I’d say getting financially secure so we could retire and never have to be a gray-haired greeters at WalMart or baggers at the grocery store. We would become hermits together and ride, eat, cook, write……hey, déjà vu!

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these.
Never an overachiever…..all of the others though at some point in my educational torture.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?
One moment would have to be my mother’s death. My life changed dramatically. I am now an old orphan, no living parents or siblings and that is kinda weird. Knowing my nuclear family is gone. Things we shared, my parents, siblings and I, comes down to one living person’s memories. And that's me. Man, this question is a bummer! I should have deleted this one.


9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

Mostly I am very open…….occasionally I vacillate about being judged and other times I don’t care at all what people think of me. That being said, I enjoy participating in other bloggers’ series (like Magazine Monday, Girlichef’s Food and Flix, Cook the Books or IHCC).

10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Most definitely reading. I will never get through the stack of books littering our home before I die. And why? Toughie, in a way….I can travel through books. I can learn things…it’s an “activity” where I can be in a room with the people I love or I can be all on my own. Despite my visiting through blogs….I am not uber sociable. A book is a fine companion.


Life is Good Award……..Meant to passed on to six people. Yes, I can count and I’m bending the rules. Pass it on to six, or change the rules yourselves, because we can do whatever we want, right?

Kim…at Stirring the Pot
You are so much fun. I’d love to slam some margartitas with you!

Marie at The English Kitchen
because she clearly loves life and has the most cheerful blog…and fabulous recipes. We have made many of her recipes with much success.

Velva at Tomatoes on the Vine for hosting a very classy and warm blog…great food, photos and when reading her blog, she clearly knows life is good!

Van at Yes, We Cook!. Talk about good……if you check out his recipes you will be printing off so many for your “to-do” list.

Katerina at Culinary Flavors, my Greek connection with many good photos and recipes.

Wandering Coyote at ReTorte who is a genius in the kitchen…I don’t know what I’d do without her. Life is good, my friend, and many of your creations have graced our kitchen table!

Heather at Girlichef Where would you start with this woman…really…if you read her many blogs, see the many places she hosts, events she posts on, she gardens, takes photos, 3 kids (yikes!) I don’t where she finds the energy. But clearly life is good for Heather. And so she shares it with us all.

Janel at Janel’s Jumble - balancing kids, teaching beadworking classes and is also a published writer – go Janel!

I have a food post I am deviling around with....Picassa is not always my friend for photo manipulation :-) And my new obsession is Italy....so, stay tuned for virtual traveling via Williams-Sonoma!

Cheers!


12 comments:

Marie said...

Congrats on the award Tina and many thanks for passing it on! Much appreciated. I always enjoy reading these little tidbits about other bloggers! It's a great way of getting to know each other better! xxoo

Pierce said...

Thank you and you are welcome Marie. That's what i thought about this one....some revealing questions :-)

Katerina said...

Thanks Tina Marie. I am honored that you picked me up. I will do my best.

Joanne said...

It was so much fun getting to know you some more through this post! Congrats on getting the award!

Janel said...

Thanks for passing the award onto me! You have some wonderful answers and I feel like I know you even better now. I'll post my answers when my blog is back up and running, or I'm back up and running. Whichever comes first! :)

girlichef said...

OH! You're so right, live IS good =) Congratulations on your award...and thank you so much for sharing it with me! I am honored to receive it from you since you are one of the people I've met in this virtual world that I consider an actual friend =) Woot!

Drick said...

great answers in getting to know you better ... all this time I thought Pierce is what you wanted to be called - and hey, thanks for the shout-out - I hope you like the recipe as this one was special in the making because of you, the swiss to me gave it a sharp edge but you may like the contrast with the seafood (I think I used too much, just guessed at first), guess it depends on which you use...let me know...

Pierce said...

Katerina - Love ypur sight and this a chance to get to know you better!

Joanne - thank you so much :-)

Janel - Take your time - you have your hands full. Once again, I started an email but...something happened that Made me stop. Will tell you about it :0

Girlichef - Can't wait to see your answers - Woo-hoo!

Drick - Thank you so much for the award. This was fun because, as you said, it lets you get to know someone better. We will definitly be trying your recipe. I like swiss in a seafood dish....I'll let ya know!

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks for the shout-out & warm fuzzies, Pierce! I will participate and let you know when the post is up!

Wandering Coyote said...

My post is up, Tina!!!!

Pierce said...

WC - I'm on my over to visit!

Van said...

Thank you so much for the award. =) Really, it means a lot to me. The fact that I've been able to make an impact doing something that I enjoy, can one ask for more than that?

I'll post my replies later this evening, and also another food post.

=D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin