Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Could we live in Birr, County Offaly Ireland ??

I wonder if we could do this in our field?



It looks like it may take a bit of work but........how cool would that be? Who am I kidding....this would take ALOT of work!

Gardening is something I wish I had a talent for but I am just not skilled in that area. Not with landscaping or growing vegetables. Yes, we had some veggies last year but the wasps won out most times. Drilled holes in the tomatoes and peppers. I hate them. The wasps...not the tomatoes and peppers.

This snap was taken at Birr Castle Gardens, County Offaly Ireland. We've been monitoring the weather there ......a thought about moving there has been discussed, but not at length.

There are many reasons this locale is stricken off the "can we manage to retire there" list. It sure is a pretty little town though.

Ramble over. Back to my book. Tonight I am making meaty pinwheels.

8 comments:

Heather @girlichef.com said...

That is (and would be) gorgeous!

Janel said...

This is cute. I wonder if you could do it with some kind of fast-growing vine?

Rita said...

Great picture; makes you dream. Hope you share your meaty pinwheels recipe; sounds interesting.
Rita

Roz said...

I'm with you . . . this would be great to have and enjoy! Now if I could only find someone to do this for me! LOL! :-)

Casey said...

That's some picture and I would love to have it, on my postage stamp property but....

Joanne said...

Well that would be quite gorgeous. It may be doable if you hire someone to do the upkeep...

Katerina said...

This is so beautiful but I agree with you it needs a lot of work and effort to make it! Only with professional help can this become possible I think!

Pierce said...

Thanks to you all for the comments! I like it but yeah...when we visited Birr Castle it was lovely to walk around the gardens but, definitely professionally kept.

My cousin Steve does upscale landscaping for a living. Maybe if I win lottery I can get him to create this arch :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin