Herbed Buttery Bubble Bread



You have to try this one. Even I could manage this recipe and I am not always successful in my bread making endeavors. Seems simple enough when I start measuring and get all excited about making bread and then....my own disasters strike....

Did I overheat the water for the yeast? Why yes, yes I did.
Hello? Try using a thermometer. (Finally bought one ) I have killed more batches of yeast than I'd care to remember.

But this one is...the one. And I just had to heat milk to a proper temperature and ...well, read on. This one is a success.

This will make one large round loaf

3 – 3 ½ c flour
2 T sugar
1.5 t salt
1.25 oz yeast (1 pkg)
1 ¼ c milk
2 T vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 c melted butter or margarine
2 T Parmesan
1 T sesame seeds
1 t garlic salt
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t parsley
1/2 t rosemary
1/2 t thyme




Lightly grease a 2 quart deep round casserole

In a large bowl combine 1 c flour, sugar, salt and yeast

In small saucepan heat milk and vegetable oil until very warm (120 -130 F)

Add egg and warm liquid to flour mixture. With electric mixer beat 30 sec
at low speed, 3 min at medium speed.

With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough.

Turn dough out onto lightly floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic,
about 1-2 min

Place dough
in warm greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise
in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, 45-60 min



Punch down dough. Pinch off walnut-size balls of dough and dip in melted
butter. Place in prepared casserole forming one layer

Combine
cheese, seeds, garlic salt, paprika, and herbs. Sprinkle half over
layer of bubbles. Make a second layer of buttered bubbles; pour remaining
butter over bubbles, sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture.



Cover and let rise in warm place, free from draft, until light and bubbles almost reach top of casserole, 30 - 45 min

Just before rising time is up, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake 25-30 minutes, or
until top sounds hollow when lightly tapped.

Cool in pan 10 min; loosen from pan with spatula and remove; serve warm.

This is so buttery that you will not need to add anything to this bread. We've had it with a roasted chicken and with soup the next day.



Pulls apart into little roll sized pieces........



Another keeper....just wish I knew where the recipe came from...it was haunting one of my file folders for awhile. Hmmmmmmmmm

18 comments:

Janel said...

I just pulled out a bread cookbook when I saw your post in my Reader. We must be thinking alike :)

This one sounds really good. You can't beat buttery bread!

Karine said...

Great job with this bread! thanks for sharing :)

Nat said...

Oh This is INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS ! I will definitely try it...and yes, i will serve it with roast chicken too...it will also look so pretty on my thanksgiving table. Thank you for sharing...I really mean that !

Kim said...

So good that you don't need butter? That must be some damn good bread :D I think I'm gonna have to try that one. I've been wanting to make some yeast bread since the weather turned, but haven't got around to it yet. This sounds awesome.

Branch Ocampo said...

this looks really yummy! Also, look at you watermarking your pictures! I'm so impressed!

Wandering Coyote said...

My God, this looks ridiculously amazing, Pierce! I'm so glad you're getting more and more confident in the bread-making field! Keep it up!

Donna-FFW said...

This looks so very tempting. Id love to pull some off and dip in my veggie soup. Perfection!

Cathy said...

Holy crap that looks good!! I have a sweet version of something like this called monkey bread....

Velva said...

Looks really good! This would be perfect for a Sunday dinner. Glad to know I am ot alone in killing yeast. Looks like the trick is to use a thermometer. Perhaps, I need to invest in one too.

Cajun Chef Ryan said...

This does remind me of monkey bread recipes that I see around and love it!

Pierce said...

Thanks everyone...if you knew some of my bread mistakes then you'd know this was a true success..haha!

Kim- yeah I swear, you don't need butter. It's a pull apart sort and just so moist.

It is like monkey bread...my husband suggest we use cinnamon and sugar next time as the layerings and it would be very dessert like. Or a breakfast bread.

Velva, oh do get a thermometer. You'll save money in the long run...no more tossed out yeast experiments!

girlichef said...

Want it! Need it! Looks amazing... I love that picture of the dough rising :) But seriously...I want to make a loaf of this, it's gorgeous.

Laura in Paris said...

Your bread looks perfect! I never ever bake bread - of course, I have seven bakeries within walking distance - but I find it very complicated to do it properly, so Bravo!

Pierce said...

C'mon over Girlichef and I'll serve you a slice!

Laura - thank you. I am really jealous of all the bakeries you have available to you. Grrrr...

Tasty Trix said...

I feel certain that I would eat the whole loaf in one day and justify it by telling myself, "It's just a little bite!" This is like a savory monkey bread. I love it!!

My Little Space said...

I love bread especially butter bread! And these looks absolutely yummy. Thanks for sharing, Tina! Cheers.

5 Star Foodie said...

This bread sounds absolutely delicious! I hope you're ok, feel better.

Sweet and Savory said...

Wow! This came our beautifully. Can only imagine how good this must taste. Thanks for sharing .

Zuppa di Pesce <br>{Fish Stew}</br>

A few weeks ago Doug found this recipe for a fish stew. It looked good so we saved our leftover fish from other dinners (froze it) and used...