Sunday, January 13, 2019

Zoe's Kitchen - Kabobs and Fruit Salad

I'm not sure why we have waited so long to go back to Zoe's Kitchen for a meal.  This small restaurant located in Tallahassee has an extensive Mediterranean menu.  Salads, soups, kabobs, pitas, Mediterranean family dinners and bowl meals.

When we dined there last week we both ordered kabobs and falafel.  I added the fruit salad because I knew it would be fresh fruit instead of the sort some restaurants give you, you know what I mean - crunchy under ripe cantaloupe?  Not this place.  Freshly cut orange segments and sweet cantaloupe, crisp green apple slices and sweet grapes.


zoe1

When we eat out, or grab takeaway, there are times I want to recreate the recipes or dishes at home. Sure, fruit salad isn't exactly rocket science but for some reason I don't bother at home.  We buy the pre-cut, well we used to buy the pre-cut fruit salads from Publix but they were disappointing.

zoe2

Checking out the menu I may get a Cauliflower Rice Bowl next time.  It's packed with goodies.  They have vegetarian dishes as well as vegan and gluten free.  Last time I had the chicken kebob and Doug had the steak kebob.  Both were marinated and tender. If you are in the area I can recommend Zoe's Kitchen for a healthy fresh meal.


Sharing a healthy fruit salad side with Souper Sunday at Kahakai Kitchen this week.  Looking to share my own version soon.  Today check out Deb's Eggplant Soup Parmigiana!


6 comments:

  1. Fruit salads are a big deal in The Hubs family but I hardly ever make them. The holidays and summer might be an exception but I definitely need to make these salads more. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the food looks good. I love fruit salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great place to eat and a tasty fruit salad. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pre-cut fruit makes me nervous -- whose hands were all over it? So I don't avoid the work of cutting up my own fruit with my scrupulously clean own hands. Tastes better too if you have chosen carefully -- though I've sometimes ended up opening a nice-looking melon to find it all hard and tasteless, unfortunately.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no Zoe's Kitchens in our area of NY state, but one recently opened in Fort Myers... in the same plaza as the new Whole Foods. Think we'll need to stop there for lunch before our next shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra - I'm going to try and make a fruit salad with the seasonal fruits here. Happy new year to you!

    Vicki - Do you have a Zoe's in your neighborhood? I'd be curious if it's in the same locale as Whole Foods as it is here and in Sanibel.

    Deb - it's a great place for a meal, fresh ingredients and strong tea!

    Mae - sometimes it is hard to find a ripe juicy melon. You are correct , better to pick the fruit and cut it ourselves!

    JoAnn - I can recommend the kabobs and the Mediterranean chicken. I have enjoyed everything I have ordered at Zoe's Kitchen. That's funny Zoe's is near Whole Foods, same thing in Tallahassee.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........