Monday, June 22, 2020

Nigella's Maple Chicken and Ribs for I Heart Cooking Club


I have made this Nigella Lawson recipe many times in the past so I wasn't planning on posting it but....cleaning up my recent photos I saw I'd snapped this meal from last week. I thought, what the heck.

AA251002-9869-4446-8878-CABA97A6A2A5


A disposable pan helps inmmensely with clean up as the maple caramelizes on the pan.  It's great on the meats but the pan is a bugger to clean.

I know, it's not green/environmentally friendly but in this case I had to say - sorry environment! Normally I am the Poster Girl for recycling.

D85A1F86-A1B2-430F-9770-E73BC8738941

Side salad with the last of the tomatoes from our garden.  We were very sorry to see those go. Lots of Parmesan cheese and crushed croutons.

04305C09-4331-4AB6-BBA5-92FC58CF7348

Easy meal, I can recommend it for the carnivores or those who occasionally insert a meat meal in their menus.  Coming up I have a vegetarian meal to share as I particpated with Food 'n Flix this month, the food inspiration was all veggie.

IMG_4424

Ok, to the prep and ingredients.   Easy as it gets tossing this one together. Everything marinates in a bag overnight for two nights. 


If you can get baby back ribs those are amazing. This recipe works with St Louis style ribs…any rib cut but we find the baby back are super good.

Ingredients

1 cup apple cider or juice
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cinnamon stick
6 unpeeled garlic cloves
½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
8 pork spareribs
6 chicken thighs with skin and bone


After the marinating time, toss all ingredients into a roasting pan at 400 F for an hour to an hour and half.
Serve on a platter. That’s it! 

Sharing with I Heart Cooking Club



14 comments:

  1. This sounds so simple and delicious... will give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, it's good. The only work is adding everything to a freezer bag for marinating.

      Delete
  2. Looks good!

    be well...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds and looks so good. I love when you can prep a meal ahead of time, and the actual cooking is a breeze. We'll be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I hope you like it. It's from the Nigella Express cookbook if you want to check out online or at the library. Yummy!

      Delete
  4. This looks and sounds delicious (and easy!). I feel like I'm cooking the same things over and over again, so I'll have to give this a try. We love baby back ribs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, hope you enjoy these. You'll need lots of napkins !

      Delete
  5. looks yumm, I use those throw away aluminium trays some times too especially on lazy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nammi, normally we endure the soaking and scrubbing through a pan but this is so incredibly sticky, took the lazy way!

      Delete
  6. This looks glorious and yet so simple to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's good to repost dishes that you've made and loved. It's proof that they're good. I remember making this one after you posted it all those years ago and loving it. Maybe I need to make it again. I have all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it's just so easy and while I'd rather link up with new dishes/recipes these days it's just...whatever. Meaning whatever I can motivate myself to link up with friends. It's getting old staying home :-)

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........