Sunday, December 19, 2021

Beef Vegetable Soup

 Here we are on a rainy Sunday afternoon here in north Florida.  Hard to believe the Christmas festivities will all be over this time next Sunday. In one week my brother would have had his 77th birthday... man, the time flies.

I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday in however you celebrate it, if you do.  We don't exchange gifts or decorate anymore but I like watching Christmas movies, listening to holiday music and going camping this time of year.

Ending this week with a variation of a childhood favorite, my mother's beef vegetable soup. Since I may not get to hook up with Deb for Souper Sunday next week I thought I'd get my last soup post in today.

This soup doesn't require a recipe or measurements. I use a couple of marrow bones and add beef, fresh veggies such as tomatoes, carrots, onions, corn, green beans, zucchini and potatoes.  My mom added cabbage and lima beans but that's not happening this time :-)

After all of the ingredients are in the pot cover with water.  Add oregano, basil and salt. 

A handful of egg noodles are a great addition if like pasta. Just let it simmer for hours and you'll have a nice batch of hearty soup.



This didn't quite capture the scene of cool weather though the window with this lonely bowl of soup but...there you have it. Any bread will good as an accompaniment. 








2 comments:

  1. I love soup all year long, doesn't matter if it's close to 100°. That looks good so now I want to make some.

    I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother made beef soup a similar way, with a marrow bone. Soup is perfect for this weather (though I bet our weather is worse than yours!!) We had chicken soup for dinner. I make the stock separately and then add the veg and meat, but it's very similar. Never a recipe.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........