Friday, December 24, 2021

The Loki Chronicles - his 10 month anniversary!


Since I have had a few people ask about Loki I thought I'd give the 10 month update.
 


Loki is a hot mess but he has made remarkable progress since his adoption in February. This marks month 10 with us. Have you ever had that one special "heart dog" in your life? We have loved all our pets but Aja was our heart dog. We were lucky to have her and there will never be another like her in our lives but I am happy to have given this little guy a chance. We have improved his life 100% and he's turning into a good dog. Loyal and loving. He's also a good camper.

He sleeps now. When we first got him his eyes were always bloodshot due to lack of sleep.  He was worried we would leave him alone.



Enjoying the back yard.



He still hates a bath.



There is a park we used to take him to and he ended up with a girlfriend.  She always stuck by his side when we'd take him into the dog park and she's the only dog he has shown even a small amount of affection.



He enjoys outings and going inside any store that will allow it.  Here he is helping Doug at Ace Hardware.


 
This didn't last long.


Camping at Stephen Foster Cultural Center in Florida.


Camping at Lake Seminole Georgia.




So, that's the 10 month update.  He has his first Christmas with us tomorrow. 

With that note I wish you all a merry christmas if you celebrate and I'll see you in a week or so!






4 comments:

  1. What a lucky dog! You are wonderful dog people. Have a great Christmas. And I hope he keeps improving.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well with Loki! I wish all 3 of you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the Loki update! I'm so glad he's learning to trust he's home for good. Adorable pics! Hope his first Christmas with you and Doug was very merry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey you all have had together. I'm glad he's settling down and able to sleep. Poor pup. I'm sure he's so much less stressed now. I know just what you mean about your heart dog. Mine is still my childhood Sheltie. He was such a sweetie if a bit quirky. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........