Friday - pizza night

I have been enjoying some great conversations with my cousin these past few days. Genealogy, traveling, food and drink, kids...it's been fun. I wish we lived closer and could get together for meals and shopping for yarn.

Last night I made Coq au Riesling from Nigella's cookbook. She has some great recipes. It's a lighter version than the one you make with red wine. Tasty bits of bacon, leeks, riesling, bay leaves and cream. And chicken of course. Paired with a baguette and salad it was a good meal. As usual, we didn't eat until 8 and were still sitting at the table by 9:15 p.m.

Tonight is pizza night. The shibas get Kongs which buys me about 20 minutes of eating without harassment. We may watch The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or A Knight's Tale. I finished The Time Traveler's Wife and when it was done, after I'd thought about it, it was sad.
I started the much look forward to sequel to Chocolat titled The Girl with no Shadow by Joann Harris. Since it's a library book and I can't renew it, I may just grab it later because it's more to read than I know I can manage in the next two weeks. Already had it a week and haven't made much progress due to other things occupying my time.

No comments:

Taziki's Signature Pasta Salad vs. Cobb Salad for lunch on the run

We usually eat at home.  On weekends we grab lunch out when we ride somewhere or when we are running errands.  Overall, we keep the dining o...