I tried another of Jamie Oliver's recipes last week. Slow as I am to get online, I am just posting the results. Goodness knows we love a roasted chicken in this house and so we went with a recipe I had prepared last month, click HERE for the recipe
Remember this one?
I sliced up some of the leftover meat.......
Decided to try another of Jamie's chicken dishes with the following Ingredients
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 2 medium leeks, washed, trimmed and thickly sliced
* 2 carrots, sliced
* 2 or 3 stalks of celery, sliced
* I used leftover chicken from the previous meal OR you could use 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 wineglass of white wine
* 1 ¼ cups milk (you’ll have to guesstimate the amount as the sauce thickens
* A handful of thyme
* 2 TB flour
* puff pastry
* about 9 or so ounces of good pork sausage
* 1 medium egg
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, leeks, celery, garlic and carrots - cook for roughly 15 minutes, until softened.
2. Add some shredded up chicken pieces and flour, stirring, then add wine and milk. Bubble away until sauce is thick. Set aside. Once your pie shell or pastry sheet is in the pie pan, pour your chickeny-leek mixture into the shell.
This creamy chicken leek mixture came out so well, you could just have it as a stew if you were so inclined.
3. I used the same saucepan to reduce the number of pots to clean. Cut into the sausage and remove casings. Ball up small pieces of sausage and fry.
Take the small cooked sausage pieces and place atop the chicken mixture.
4. Cover the pie with another piece of pastry. Criss cross the pastry with the back of your knife to make a cool design. Brush top shell with egg wash. Or if you forgot to get the egg out (like I did) then use water. Gently.
5. Bake in a 425 F oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
|From Chicken and Leek Pie|
Have sides of corn potatoes or whatever you please.
For dessert we had Lemon Posset! Recipe coutesty of Welsh Vixen Le Laquet.