Thursday, August 04, 2011

Bangers and Mash - Jamie Style

The theme at I Heart Cooking Club this week is Brit Bites. Possibilities that came to mind were fish and chips, Eton mess, anything lamb…(well, not a lamb cobbler) and the decision is….Bangers and Mash!

Bangers and Mash is from Jamie’s “Pub Food” featured on Food Network.

It’s fun food for me….perhaps it’s the memories of a trip kicking around England (oh man…that was actually 12 long years ago) and the good times we had eating at pubs. All the noise and conversation and frothy ales being delivered to tables (ours included) from over-worked waitresses.

We used fat Surry Sausages from Fresh Market



Comfort food...Brit style!


Jamie’s Bangers and Mash recipe may be found HERE

Don't forget the grainy mustard.......



And don't forget to visit I Heart Cooking Club to see other Brit Bites ........

IHCC

10 comments:

  1. Bangers and mash was the number one thing I wanted to make this week, but I couldn't find one of his recipe for it. Thanks a bunch. This looks terrific! Extra mustard for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mustard with it Kim! Great post you had for this week's theme on IHCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and delicious! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bangers and mash is one of my very favourite foods. I order it all the time when we head out to the pub (lots of pubs in Toronto!). I bet Jamie's recipe rocks. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bangers and mash is my "last dinner on earth" meal* - if it's cold or I am fed-up or I'm "coming down with something" it's what I always ask for BUT it has to have thick onion gravy with it ... not exactly the thing for a Floridian summer!
    Mrs L

    *That or Toad-in-the-hole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. got me drooling when I saw those good looking sausages... and that onion gravy sounds pretty good too, had polish sausage with grilled onions & peppers last nite.... must of been on the same wave lenght...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bangers and mash! I want some. Great for any time of day.
    We don't get Pub Food on our Food Network, I don't think. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect pick for Brit Bites--who can resist bangers and mash?! Even saying it is fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bangers and mash looks like a perfect comfort food dinner. On the side a frosty cold beer and I'd be set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........