Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eating Light: Grilled Cobia and Creamy Orzo Pasta for Presto Pasta Nights

Cobia is a fish you don’t hear mentioned very much when the topic of grilling seafood arises. Pity, because it’s great fish for the grill. The firm texture holds up well and has a melt in your mouth, gotta-have-more taste.



Chefs Jamie Oliver and Mario Batali each cooked several dishes made with cobia in the "Battle Cobia" episode of the Food Networkprogram Iron Chef America. Easy prep for a very healthy and flavorsome meal……..ready?


Brush the cobia with extra virgin olive oil, season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Grill. Super simple……

A nice light side is orzo pasta cooked in chicken broth (this makes it creamy like rice pudding…but it’s pasta!) and a topping of gently sauted veggies. I used yellow crookneck squash, sun-dried tomatoes, red bell pepper and scallions.




This is what a cobia fish looks like fresh out of the water. This is what we’d look like if Doug and I fished, ….except he burns and I have to stay out of the sun, and I am a bit scared of live fish (I’ll eat them but catching them…nooooooo), and she is younger and in better shape ....... and the man has hair….. so yeah…this isn’t us. But see what a cobia looks like freshly caught?!


Photo Credit

I think I’ll send this side dish to Simone at Briciloe
who is hosting Presto Pasta Nights……….love me some pasta ....and grilled food. I’m hoping the grillmaster will pick up more cobia from Southern Seafood soon!
Presto



It's been a good run...........