Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Bread. More bread talk. All I know is, I want to make bread and I am not particular about what sort….I just need to make it.

So Lewis Carroll had it right:
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”



Any recipe….as long as I have the ingredients on hand. So when I came across one for Cinnamon Raisin Bread – it was go-time!

When I hear the words raisin bread……. Thoughts and images of the cheesy egg plate at Waffle House and my mother’s cinnamon raisin toast served on a lazy summer morning pop up. After thinking about it – you just have to have a slice of toasted bread! It’s soooo good and it toasts up with a lovely crust that isn’t too hard and has the perfect amount of browning on the bread.

Then Doug (my husband is brilliant and a good cook) decided this bread would make good French Toast. Did it ever. I heard music.



When love comes in and takes you for a spin
Ooh, la, la, la, la, c'est magnifique
When every night your loved one holds you tight
Ooh, la, la, la, c'est magnifique




Recipe for the bread machine:

1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 cups Bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ¼ teaspoons bread machine yeast
¾ cup raisins

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended for your machine. Add raisins at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.

Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.

This is the second loaf I have tried using the entire baking process in the machine. First loaf didn't rise properly but this one was fab.

No comments:

Taziki's Signature Pasta Salad vs. Cobb Salad for lunch on the run

We usually eat at home.  On weekends we grab lunch out when we ride somewhere or when we are running errands.  Overall, we keep the dining o...