Wow! Layer Cake Pinot Noir - Weekend Wine Review

This wine is 100% Pinot Noir and from the Central Coast of California. It’s beautifully rich and deep red in color. Husband said it tastes like comfort.
I can’t think of a better description that is so perfect. This one has a terrific mouth feel, and as I said – quite rich but not overpowering. You get scents of the deep red fruit such as plums. Perfect with the grilled rosemary lamb chops even though a wine pairing suggestion was a cabernet sauvignon for this meal.

Would we get this again – absolutely. 14.5% alcohol and a bargain at $12.99 at World Market.



This was on the back of the bottle – what a fine tribute:

"My old grandfather made and enjoyed wine for 80 years. He told me the soil in which the vines lived were a layer cake. He said, the wine, if properly made,was like a great layer cake, fruit, mocha, chocolate, and hints of spice — and rich, always rich.
'Never pass up a good Layer Cake,' he would say.
'I have always loved those words.'

- A TRIBUTE TO JAYSON WOODBRIDGE'S GRANDFATHER,
A. ORLANDO


1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Oh what I would do for a glass of "comforting" wine Tina. I haven't been drinking much wine lately because nothing seems to "do it."

Do you buy through World Market often? I've been contemplating buying online but I don't know much about reputable companies. I do know central PA is lacking in many many goodies:) Of course we make up for it with many many goodies too, lol...

Thanks for sharing a sip...

Taziki's Signature Pasta Salad vs. Cobb Salad for lunch on the run

We usually eat at home.  On weekends we grab lunch out when we ride somewhere or when we are running errands.  Overall, we keep the dining o...