Friday, May 10, 2013

Book Reviews and a Motorcycling Riding Oak Snake

Recently I wrote up a few book reviews and prepared some inspired meals. Every once in a while when I ponder why I take the time to write these reviews I realize.....it's not just the pleasure of doing it on a personal level, it's a stab at some dream where I am working at a publishing house. Since I was in my late teens I had dreams of living in a large city and walking to my job as an editor or book reviewer.

I don't want to live in a large city now. Haven't wanted that for quite a long time. But I can still write even if it's not in a professional setting and I am not getting paid. The world would surely be full of cowboys, ballerinas and firemen if our youthful visions became a reality.

So then.....if you'd care to check out a few reviews here are some links and pretty photos I'd like to share.

A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy and the corresponding dish of grilled salmon, black beans and rice with asparagus and grilled mahi mahi with potatoes and minted peas. And wine.



and grilled mahi mahi with potatoes and minted peas. And of course wine.




Eat Well, Eat Right by Edward Gioachino Giobbi is represented by fettucine alfeta. Quite tasty, love the feta.



I have a post and review for The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry coming up too.

Let me leave you with this photo of an oak snake, quite a long one, who sat sunning him/herself on Doug's bike. It was reluctant to leave and had to be chased off rather forcefully!



Cheeky Devil.....



I will return with a Magazine Monday and perhaps a weekend wine review. I hope the world is treating you right and you are enjoying Spring!

10 comments:

  1. The world would indeed be full of ballerinas, firemen, writers, etc if all our dreams were realities.

    I would have freaked with the oak snake on the seat of my bike.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velva, One time Doug had started the bike and I was just about to climb on when one slithered out from the back tire. I moved backwards at lightening speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to dream of living and working in a big city too. Now I've settled for meeting people online who live in big cities and living vicariously through them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on that sentiment, Janel. I love living in a rural area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........