Kirkland Chardonnay - Weekend Wine Review

As the temperatures swelled to an almost unbearable 90 degrees (32 C) it was decided to open this bottle of Kirkland Chardonnay. Advertised as a crisp California wine with notes of melon and butterscotch. Yes, it was bargained priced at 7.99 for 1.5 liter bottle, which should have been the clue anyone, I mean anyone, would have picked up. I prefer unoaked Chardonnay but was willing to give this one a try. Epic Fail



Tastes heavy on the tongue, coating as the promised butterscotch or some other coagulated substance.
Tastes like a wine up too late for its age.
Honeydew, unemployment and scents of urine after you have eaten say....asparagus.
Oily, a good bum wine. First bottle we have upended into the sink in quite a long time.
Clearly, not recommend. Grade = F

3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

You're so funny Tina. Love your "cohesive" description, lol...

Would you like to taste a bottle of wine for me. Marion thought I needed some wine so she bought me a bottle of Barefoot Refresh Perfectly Pink. Quite frankly, I don't think it is actually wine as the label says "wine style." Have you ever heard of it?

Thanks for sharing, now go get some real wine!!!

Debra Eliotseats said...

Butterscotch? I am a sucker for a 7.99 wine so I probably would have bitten too. :)

Tina said...

Thanks Louise, we had some great wines between this one :-)

Hey, Debra, you just don't know until you try! I will continue exploring...sometimes you find gems.

Birthday dinner - Crab cakes, cheese grits, champagne and a lovely evening!

Friday was Doug's birthday .  On birthdays we enjoy a good meal and plan a few fun activities.  The weather has improved (no storms !...