Monday, August 19, 2013

August Potluck at I ♥ Cooking Club: Now serving Giada's Mozzarella Pinwheels

It's time for Potluck at IHCC, something I look forward to each month. For August I picked Giada de Laurentis' recipe for Mozzarella Pinwheels. This is a great lunch and easy to make too. Some of you will be exhausted from back to school shopping and this would make a nice lunch to bribe your kiddies with after a day of shopping.




Ingredients

•Flour, for dusting
•1 pound of pizza dough (if you don't make it grab it from the cold case at the bakery in your grocery store)
•2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
•7 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
•1 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach (about 1 1/2 ounces)
•1 tablespoon olive oil
•Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and position a rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Layer ham or proscuitto, add fresh chopped spinach. Now top with mozzarella. Roll it up!

I used ham for this pinwheel...........


Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes. Let it cool before you cut it.

Check out I Heart Cooking Club and see what else is dished up for Potluck. I am also sharing this with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series.

IHCC



Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

23 comments:

  1. I love Giada. She always cooks the best. Love Rick Bayless as well. Your version of her sandwich looks delish.:) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Giada to-do list and this recipe is on it! It just seems like something everyone would love and I also think it would be good leftover for snacking, etc. Not to mention, it seems like it's as easy as can be and I'm all about easy lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dish! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina!
    I make something like this with sausage and peppers but I usually use frozen bread dough. I think using store bought pizza dough would be sooooo much easier and probably tastier. And now, I have yet another combination, Mozzarella Pinwheels! So cool!

    Thanks for sharing, Tina...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, perfect for my kids' after school meal! I, like Kim have a list of Giada's recipes to try! Thanks for sharing! A wonderful potluck choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Reminds me of stromboli! Any way you make it, I'd be knoshing it! Great share for pot luck week! I love how every one who has shared thus far has chosen a different chef! True variety this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really delicious and something I know my family would enjoy. Great choice for IHCC potluck week...thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have this after a long, tiring day. It looks like good comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lip licking dish Tina! Very comforting and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! This is easy enough that I could bake a few varieties and have you all over for a lunch party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks yummy! It has the look of a special occasion food without being that difficult to make -- cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! And the leftovers would be yummy cold in a lunchbox the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I might do a version of this with a flat bread. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like a quick version of calzone and just as delicious! I like the idea of adding the spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea. I bet my daughter would love these cold, in her lunch box, next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks wonderful and so easy ti make. I'm pinning this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes, you have to love giada...and this looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea, Tina. Don't know how I've never stumbled across this recipe from Giada before, but now that I have it is on the definite "to-do" list. I think this would be a great alternative to pizza for a casual Sunday Supper, and I think you could put just about anything inside it.

    Thanks so much for joining in at IHCC Pot Luck this week, and for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is perfect. My daughter wants to make calzones for her lunch this year and this might be another idea for her lunch bag. I have a food crush on Giada.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Giada is always the queen of simple but delicious recipes--this looks like a great example! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........