Monday, September 30, 2013

G'Day Donna Hay! Pucker up for Lemon Marinated Artichoke Salad

Welcome to Donna Hay! She is the featured chef at I ♥ Cooking Club from now until the end of March 2014! The traditional welcome post is like a potluck...you may bring whatever you fancy for this party, as long as it's representative of the featured chef. For me, a salad is nice ice breaker at a social event. You can cart your plate around, pull up a chair and socialize with like minded folks.

I loved this salad. It was a meal all on it's own. Unfortunately I didn't check the cheese drawer before prepping the recipe and turns out, I was out of feta. It was delicious with a mozzarella substitute but I will be making this one again (and again) and certainly will compare the results with feta.

The grilled zucchini was a nice touch


Would you like the recipe? Sure, I knew you would. It's simple, healthy and so flavorful.

Lemon Marinated Artichoke Salad
From The Instant Cook

Ingredients

8 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
2 TB lemon juice
2 TB olive oil
2 zucchinis, sliced
Olive oil for brushing
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
3 ½ ounces baby spinach leaves
8 ounce yellow pear tomatoes, halved
4 slices feta cheese (I used mozzarella)
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley



Combine artichokes, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl; set aside.

Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook on preheated hot grill (broiler) for one minute each side.
Drain artichokes, reserving lemon juice and olive oil.

Place spinach, tomatoes and zucchinis on plates and top with feta, artichokes and parsley.
Spoon over reserved lemon and oil as a dressing.



Serves 4 or 2 very hungry people.

Please visit me and IHCC next week ( Oct. 7th-13th) for the theme Pantry Magic: Dishes made using ingredients from your pantry/cupboard.

I am linking this up to Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sunday and I ♥ Cooking Club.
SouperSundays IHCC Donna Hay Badge resized

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This strikes me as a nice side for a swordfish steak ... easy, fast. Perfect supper for a night with the grill going ... great choice for the first week of Donna Hay's time with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Susan. We had this as a side and it was actually a meal on its own. Big portioned salad this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious looking salad; I would definitely make a meal of it. I like that the zucchini is grilled....I find that grilling helps to bring out its flavour so it's more than just a sponge for the flavours around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely salad! I have never tried artichokes before and am so curious over it! Great dish for a potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tine, this looks like the perfect dish to say "G'day" to Donna Hay. Her trademark simplicity combined with stylishness is stamped all over this dish. I would very happily make a meal of this salad - the combination of grilled zucchini with artichoke hearts has me salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate to admit it but I just heard of Donna Hay about a month ago. :) I wish I had time to participate in Cooking Club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could eat the whole plate of this--especially with all that grilled zucchini--Yum! Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you joined us to welcome in Donna Hay! I'd love to pull up a chair and chat with you at a potluck. I think we'd hit it off just fine :) This looks like something I'd really enjoy. I love all the flavors and it seems really simple to put together.

    Hope you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salads...I could live on salads and soups if it were just my choice alone around here. This looks delicious! I love your doggie banner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my kind of salad. I'm in love with lemon in savory dishes and spinach is my favorite vegetable. I like the overall "Greek feel" to this dish. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna has such fresh simple dishes. It's going to be a great 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........