Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wine Wednesday - Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet

Penfolds Koonunga Hill (2008) is a deep crimson, full bodied beauty of a wine. This was our first experience with a Penfolds wine and it certainly did impress. I was after a bottle of Bin 407 but the shop was out. This one caught our eye and so happy it did.



Think chocolate, spice and plums. The chocolate lingers after you sip. 13.5% alcohol, a 71% shiraz and 29% Cabernet blend. It won't break the bank at under $15 a bottle. I want more of this wine from South Australia.

By the way, we did manage to find a bottle of Penfolds Bin 407. Stay tuned......

4 comments:

  1. Any wine that brings chocolate, spice and plums to the table is fine by me, Tina. You do manage to find the most intriguing sips:) I'll have to look for this one! Thank you so much for sharing, Tina...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will toast to your good health Louise! Tomorrow I have a Nigel Slater recipe for I Heart Cooking Club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penfold's is a great wine-you can never go wrong.

    Velva

    P.S. how is your garden doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was our first Penfolds, Velva, and we are impressed.
    The garden is doing well so far. Didn't get as many beans sprouting up as we'd hoped so, guess we'll plant more.

    Harvesting lettuce and that's been great.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........