Friday, August 15, 2014

Against the Grain

I have had one of those weeks that seemed to last a month. Ok, it’s not that bad but wow, I am delighted to see the weekend arrive. We are going to have a pizza and chill out and watch a show we ordered from Netflicks.



First let me tell you about the pizza. It’s from Against the Grain and it's one of the best wheat-free pizzas we have had in a loooooong time.



Some Friday evenings past we would grab a pizza from Oscar’s, open a quaffable wine and pop a DVD in the player. It’s relaxation night. Mindless entertainment after a week of doing the Government Drone duties. It’s not quite like Azkaban but when you have a longish week, there is my comparison. So, here is the pizza which we topped with juicy tomatoes, green bell pepper, scallions, olives, mushrooms and garlic.



Served with a loaded salad and you have a substantial meal.




Since I didn’t intend this to be a long post (just a hello from Squirrel Head manor), let me give a shout out to my friend Janel. She is an author and just released her book Pies and Peril. How cool would it be to see your name on a published book? I would be over-the-moon excited!

Now I am going to shamelessly steal a theme she has on her website (Check it out HERE) to give you a snap of what’s happening here.

I am......

Reading…In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad) by Tana French
Getting ready to watch Boardwalk Empire from Netflicks
Cooking… Pizza and salad
Drinking…Sangiovese
Writing…letters to family
Loving…My new Kindle reader
Hating…All the branches we need to pick up and drag away this weekend
Planning…A few projects I want to take on soon

I think it’s a very cool idea for mini blogging. You should copyright this meme, Janel. Apologies for stealing borrowing.

Also want to send a happy birthday wish to Jo, Welsh cook extraordinaire, and her mum Vin. Hope you ladies are enjoying all the good things France has to offer you. Lucky devils.



Ok, happy weekend all! Off to eat, drink and be merry!














8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these toppings are amazing! Love the mini-post ideas. Yes, Janet should copyright it. Hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pizza and salad looks yummy!

    I don't mind at all that you liked my micro blog idea. I actually found it on Pinterest and a few art blogs...I think the concept originally started for micro journaling. Answer each question everyday sort of thing. So have fun with it and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just such a long week, Debra ! And true, Janel comes up with great ideas.

    Thanks, Janel, that pizza sure was good

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........