Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Nigella Express comes through for a no fuss meal
{ #5 Cookbook Countdown }

Lazy me likes lazy toss-together dinners. Here is such a dinner. Super easy prep yet big return on the dinner table.



This is from Nigella Express, a treasured cookbook, and number #5 in my Cookbook Countdown.

See how easy it is to prepare? You need some gallon sized freezer bags, then toss all ingredients in one bag. Simple stuff, right?



Nigella's Maple Pork Ribs

Ingredients.....

A slab of pork ribs
1 1/2 cups apple juice
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cinnamon stick broken in half
6 unpeeled cloves garlic

Method.........

Put the ribs and chicken in large freezer bags or a dish you can cover. I use freezer bags as it's easier to mix the marinade and super easy for cleanup.

Add all the remaining ingredients and squelch and mix together. Seal the bags.
Leave to marinate in the fridge for up to two days.

Turn the bags every few hours or when I'm in the fridge for a drink or whatever. This will allow the meat to sit in the maple marinade if you turn the bags.

Next day.........

Take the meat out of the fridge. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour the contents of the freezer bags into a roasting pan. Place in the preheated oven for and hour and 15 minutes by which time everything should be sticky and glossy brown.

This is my fifth book in the Cookbook Countdown hosted at Kitchen Flavours.

CookYOURbooks

Coming up will be Nigel Slater's new book Eat. I am enjoying that one already and I've only had it two days.






10 comments:

  1. Look at you! Just counting those cookbooks down. Way to go.
    The ribs look and sound good too. I just might make them one day next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie they are super easy! Do it!!
    Thanks for inspiring me on this project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should open my Nigella cookbooks more often! I'm sure there are gems like this for me to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are loads of veggie options, Joanne. Love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lazy me I love throw together options too :-) I may need to check out this Nigella cookbook.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, that's my kinda meal Tina!!! I can only imagine how darn good they must taste!!! Thanks for sharing, Tina...I'm so glad to see you are still cooking those books:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Velva, it's one of my favorites. Lots of quick recipes in there.

    Louise, I am plugging away at those books. You should see what has left the house already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........