Wednesday, November 19, 2014

How did it get to be this late in the year?

I’ve been around, just not on the Internet much. Here is a mini blog post to catch up with you.

Reading: I’m in the middle of Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd, what a fattie of a book. I am glad to have a Kindle when the book has over a thousand pages, so much easier to handle. Recently I have enjoyed The Martian, Written in my Own Heart’s Blood and Blood at the Root.

Relaxing: Chilling out one evening by the fire was fun. It’s finally the time of year when we can use the fire pit. It’s all set up, waiting for us to finish dinner.

From firepit


Kobe likes to help with everything and he came and sat in my lap for a bit while the fire was mesmerizing us. That’s unusual for him. I guess he just wanted to be close to us.



Eating: We have made several recipes from Skinnytaste cookbook and enjoyed each one. Click HERE to check out the book review (and see the baked Bananas Foster). So. Good.



We also made Chicken Santa Fe and Skinny Mac and Cheese with Broccoli.

 photo Skinny.jpg

Watching: We are Netflicks people and depend on the DVD delivery of our movie and TV show entertainment. In the last 6 weeks or so we have enjoyed Longmire, Maleficient, Edge of Tomorrow and even tried a blast-from-the-past by ordering The Man from U.N.C.L.E. starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum.

Any time we decide to order a show we loved from our childhood we are sorry. Usually. It was quite cheesy. Right now I am hoping Netflicks will pick up season three of Longmire, they left us hanging on a great story line and they don’t seem to have season 3 available. Love a cowboy show.

 photo Longmire-logo.jpg

Crafting: Reacquainting myself with the crochet hooks and started a very pretty throw. At my snail’s pace speed I doubt it will be a Christmas gift for anyone. Could be next year I become a yarn hoarder. It’s so much fun to look at all the different textures and color of yarns at Michael’s Craft shop.

New Stuff: Oh, I recently bought a new computer. It’s an early Christmas gift and much appreciated. Doug was able to get a beautiful telescope as his early present. I chose a Windows 7 version and love it. Windows 8 confused the stew out of me! What is needed now is to spend some time rebuilding bookmarks and getting signed into apps.

That's it for me, for now. I hope the weather is treating you well.

7 comments:

  1. Where did it go, indeed? We started watching Longmire, but didn't get into it. May have to revisit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the catch-up Tina. I've been thinking about you:)

    Sounds like you are just kicking back and enjoying. I'm glad.

    I'm sure you've heard how cold it is up here. We've made a very conscience decision NOT to be here next year for the cold no matter what!!! I only wish a fire pit would remedy the situation. Bananas Foster a my very best favorite. Am I to think there is a skinnier version? Oh my!!!

    Congrats to you and Doug on the new "toys." Have FUN with them:)

    Stay well, enjoy and thanks for sharing, Tina…

    P.S. You are more than welcome to link up that cookbook review to Cookbook Wednesday. It will also remind me to take a look at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, It's become a new favorite of ours but we like the law enforcement and cowboy shows. Not everyone's cup of tea.

    Louise, I sent you an email :-)

    Hello Mrs. L.!! Hope the weather is nicer in England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windows 8 is THE WORST, so yes, best to get Windows 7 while you still can!! It is crazy how fast time is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food all looks delicious! And it sounds like Kobe was having a good time with you out by the fire. We love a cowboy shows too, a rarity to find one these days. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne, especially for you - you'll be married very soon!

    Pam, thanks so much for the nice comment. If you like Longmire you may like Justifed. Timothy Oliphant plays a US marshal and it's set in rural Kentucky. Love that one too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........