Monday, June 22, 2015

Goodbye Kobe

Today I write with a deep sadness as we have lost a member of our pack. Our beloved Shiba Inu Kobe had to be euthanized.

IMG_1206

He had a seizure Sunday evening & he had to be taken to the emergency veterinarian. We were able to bring him home after he received a morphine injection for pain. As you can imagine we had a fairly sleepless night watching over him.

IMG_2586

By morning it was clear he was failing, the renal disease was more advanced than we knew. We did all we could and ultimately the kindest thing was to let him go peacefully.

IMG_1363

We are torn up with grief about this. Our veterinarian Dr. Simmons gave Kobe the best fighting chance but the little guy couldn't make it.

Thank you to Dr. Simmons & staff at Cumberland for the excellent care since we adopted Kobe 9 years ago.

We'll miss your smile..........

(null)

IMG_2136

R.I.P.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Tina! I know how hard it is to lose a pet-- a much loved pet. They are such a part of the family. I wish I could give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that do very much, Debbie. He's left a hole in our hearts. Hugs are very welcome.

      Delete
  2. Oh oh, remember how I felt when we lost Bosun. Don't even like saying bye to Coco when I leave mam and dad's!
    Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. We are doing a bit better today but wow, what a hole they leave in your life. Thanks for keeping us on your thoughts. Hugs to all including Coco! ❤️

      Delete
  3. So so very sorry Tina to hear about the loss of your your beloved pet .....I can only hope that he didn't suffer to much .....lots of love to you both Vin, Don and Coco x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You understand how they are true members of our family, so loved. I don't think he suffered v much at all. We wanted to avoid that and did the humane thing. Tough week. Thanks for thinking of us. Love to you all ❤️💗

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........