Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ponce de Leon Ride
The furthest west we have gone on a day trip!

Yesterday we rode just over 200 miles. It was, as always, a blast! We went to Ponce De Leon Florida, further west than we have ever ridden on a day trip. It's our goal to seek out local restaurants and ride to eat.

Sally's restaurant was on that list. It was worth the ride. Old fashioned diner type cooking and a local crowd.

IMG_5182

I saw the BBQ joint on the way home so we may need to make another trip westward and check this out.

FullSizeRender (1)


I like riding over bridges and this ride had several. I will slaughter the name if I try and pronounce it. Choctawahatchee River.

FullSizeRender (2)


IMG_5198

One of my views. It's like riding behind a storm trooper. It's a nice Nolan helmet, Doug's latest helmet in the collection.

IMG_5194

This bridge was very cool. A train trestle was visible across the water. This doesn't do it justice!

FullSizeRender (3)

The sky was a gorgeous blue, great weather too. The temperatures were an amazingly comfortable 75 F. Check out the birds soaring around the trees.

IMG_5221

As we go through many little towns we see lots of churches. Seems the smaller the town, the more churches it supports....somehow. I like the old brick structures.

IMG_5223

Another bridge photo. This bridge was long and you could see the dam from the middle. It is an impressive structure!

FullSizeRender (4)

There are always lots of fields we pass and again, I can't do the raw beauty of the land justice with my puny iPhone. We love rural rides.

IMG_5224

That was yesterday. Today we met another couple who have a trike and went to the St Mark's Wildlife Refuge. I saw an alligator! More on that trip later.

Happy riding to anyone else who enjoys!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tina:)
    I LOVE, love, love that you guys are riding and sharing the sights/ Very cool. You should make notes on these excursions. Who knows, perhaps there's a travel guide in your future, lol...

    I hope you had a wonderfully "stuffed" Thanksgiving and all is well in your little corner of the world:)

    Thanks so much for sharing, Tina...I'm off to check out your Ice Chest Pork, lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, it's good to see you back in the blogging world. Your trip to Disney looked like a good family event & I know you enjoyed seeing your daughter & family. Will visit soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a gorgeous day trip.
    I always check out your trips on Google maps after you write about them :o)
    Did you take the I10? Or smaller roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs L, do you really?! That's cool. We avoid the interstates when possible because the rural roads are so much prettier. We took highway 90 all the way. Lots of small communities and fields of crops to see. It takes longer but it's more fun.

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun! I always enjoy seeing your rides. When we took Emma to Auburn back in August we went all back roads and had the absolute best time. It reminds me of these that you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back roads are the best, Katherine, you see so much more. I love the hay fields and cows and bridges and all of it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........