Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Dothan Alabama for BBQ.....
Nice weather, good ride

Sometimes the weather cooperates beautifully on the weekends. One recent weekend was great. Tristan was able to ride with us to Dothan Alabama for BBQ and the temperatures were just warm enough.

My favorite people in the entire world.

IMG_5900

There is a little place called The BBQ Shack that we had been to before. After a good ride we found the place but I suspect it’s under new ownership. The BBQ was good but I remembered it being South Carolina style with the slaw piled on top of the pork.

Maybe the memory of it got bigger and better as time passed. Now, that doesn’t mean we didn’t enjoy a BBQ pork sandwich with fried okra, baked beans and slaw on the side. We also enjoyed homemade peach cobbler.

Gas was unbelievably low at $1.49 per gallon. The guys topped off their tanks at those prices although they needed premium gas, a wee bit higher.

IMG_5906

Round trip was ballpark of 180 miles and what a great ride it was. Tristan was able to join us but his wife was not feeling it for the long ride so she stayed home. Maybe next time she can join us.

Me and Tristan....I am a proud mama.
FullSizeRender (1)

Doug and Tristan.....did I mention they are my favorites? :-)

IMG_5899

Hoping to take a very long ride this upcoming weekend as the temperatures are supposed to soar. Shall we ride for oysters, BBQ or country fried chicken? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......I shall report back.


Hope all is well in your world!




3 comments:

  1. What a fun ride and your son is so handsome! And now I want BBQ... Have you had white BBQ sauce? It's kind of a North Alabama thing and it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great meal, it sounds delicious! And the ride to get there and back sounds like so much fun. When we take trips that will take us into or farther than Georgia, we always wait to fill up across the state line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, I have not had white BBQ sauce, actually I never heard of it. I'm always willing to try something new.

    Vicki, it sure was fun. We love getting out for a ride and going to get BBQ. Yes, gas sure was cheaper there.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........