Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Mad Anthony's Waterfront Grille
{Panacea Florida}

It's official - we are on the hunt for the best fish tacos within riding distance. The Mahi Mahi tacos we had at The Blue Parrot three weeks ago were fantastic. Just enough kick and spice.

I had forgotten we tried Grouper Tacos at The Blue Parrot in 2012. Why hadn't we taken up the quest after that meal, I wonder? We still had the Road King then.

Anyway.......we recently tried the Mahi Mahi Tacos at Mad Anthony's Waterfront Grille and so far - these are the absolute best. Packed into a soft and hard taco shell, loaded with fat chunks of fish and a dollop of sweet chilli sauce. I could hurt myself.

cheese grits

But that's not the only thing special about Mad Anthony's Grille - it's worth the trip just to order the hearty serving of cheese grits. Last time we asked about the cooking method. You can tell they aren't instant grits. The cook simmers them all day long. A Southern classic.

1cheese grits

Did we have enough food? Why yes, yes we did. But the temptress waitress mentioned a Devil's food cheesecake dessert and we had to have it. Fortunately common sense prevailed and we only ordered one piece to split. Lovely display.

Brownie presentation

Look how fat this is. Decadently cheesy and chocolately and iced with a sweet fudge topping.

brownie pie

This trip definitely set the bar high for future taste tests, looking for that perfect fish taco. We will be eating at Mad Anthony's again soon....maybe on vacation. I can't wait!

Hope all is well in your world.

Linking up to Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series.


16 comments:

  1. I'm not even the biggest fan of fish tacos and those look absolutely amazing! And the grits! I'm not really a lover of grits but there's not much better than really well prepared cheese grits. You're nice to have shared that cheesecake. I think I would have attacked anyone with my fork who tried to sneak a bite. I do not share dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! They look delicious. I think the search would have to be life long 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, you mentioned before you didn't like grits and you may lose your Southern card over it, lol - but I know you love the cheese grits! I'm from the Philadelphia area and I was first introduced to them when I was in my mid 20s, love them still!

    Oh Mrs L, I do believe this will be a life long search. We made some at home after having such good ones in restaurants. They were quite good. Will post about it. Loved your photos from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fish lover and the idea of fish tacos always made be cringe, but my daughter made me try a Mahi Mahi fish taco a while back and I really liked it.

    Yes, that cheesecake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I guess weather is better down there now? Hope you survived the deluges. I would love a bowl of those grits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, if you don't like seafood then you may not like these tacos. But, if you liked the taste of Mahi Mahi then that's all this in, stuffed inside a tortilla.

    Debra - the weather sucked! We had a brutal day of hard rain but then the storm passed quickly afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cheesecake looks incredible! I envy you all those fish tacos. All the really good Mexican restaurants near me get failing marks from the health department.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never found a fish taco I loved, but these looks pretty darn good. I have to admit my eyes went to those cheesy grits; I think I must have been a Southerner in a previous life cause I do love grits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am mad about fish tacos have them whenever I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling all over this post. Must get some fish tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dessert is simply divine. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore a good fish taco--I make them often at home and they are a frequent order for me at restaurants. These look delicious--as do the grits and that decadent cheesecake. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fish tacos, cheese grits and that sublime dessert? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe I want to go on your next road trip. Love all the great food you discovered. Maybe I should try making some cheese grits as no restaurants here do them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........