Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Current Events: Reading, Eating, Watching

Today I stayed home from work.  Sadly I caught the cold I had been trying to avoid all week.  An inconsiderate co-worker came to work last week sneezing, coughing and spreading germs so half my hallway is down with this mess.  My husband is directly across from her office so of course, he got the cold.  As did the guys in the next two offices.  My office is all the way down the hallway but....I have the mess anyway. Almost zero exercise today - I am trying to conserve energy to fight it off.

Other than that I have been enjoying the following.


Reading:

Watching the Dark by Peter Robinson and Bad Boy by Peter Robinson were my latest DCI Banks mysteries.  Now I only have three books left in the series before Robinson comes out with a new book.

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman :  I have to admit the beginning of this book had me on the fence as to whether I would finish it.  A DNF in my list of books.  I don’t like to read about such a negative person but then more was revealed about Ove and I couldn't put it down.  By the time I finished I had tears in my eyes. 

Watching:
The Accountant. Wow, was I surprised at how much we liked this movie! This trailer doesn't do it justice. Once it was over Doug asked me who I thought had the higher body count - John Wick or The Accountant.  If you like action, don't be fooled by the early parts of this preview.




Speaking of action movies, we ended up watching the latest Jack Reacher movie, Never Go Back, in spite of the fact that Tom Cruise is not at all suitable for Reacher's character description. He is not 6'5" nor is he blonde. Just watching it as an action movie was great though.  Lots of gunfire, explosions and excitement.

                                       nevergoback



Eating Probably too much pasta (is that possible?) and now I need to make a lighter menu plan for next week.


 Crafty stuff
 I tried to keep up with the #YarnLoveChallenge on Instagram but failed to make the posts on the appropriate days.  It's just a fun thing to share with other yarn lovers but I let it slide.  Right now I am working on a hat using a loom.  That is a throw back to my Cumbrian ancestors who were weavers but I'm sure I have it way easier. They did it for a living whilst my pursuits are purely pleasure driven.

That's it. I don't feel great so I just wanted to post a quick update and now I am going to eat more pasta (a slow cooker spinach mushroom lasagna) and settle in with Longmire season 4.

longmire-season-4-could-be-revived-at-amazon-or-netflix

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you caught the crud! Hope you feel better soon.

    I started and stopped A Man Called Ove and on the third time it finally grabbed me and I could barely stop listening. It will definitely be in the top 3 of my favorite books of this year. Probably at #1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost glad I haven't read the Reacher books because I really liked the movie and I think the casting thing would bother me! Too bad about the crud but hopefully it will go away soon. Get some rest and you can exercise another day. I want to watch The Accountant. We've been watching intense movies lately and that sounds like one we really need to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you much, Vicki and Katherine. I am on the mend, just dealing with the aftermath of a racking cough. But I am much better :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........