Sunday, April 23, 2017

Turkey Wrap

It's Sunday. Vacation is almost over....so sad. We always take the Monday off following a vacation because it's just easier to glide into the work week on a Tuesday. I don't know why that is but it works for us.

We enjoyed a variety of naughty foods and drinks while we were off but it's time to get back to healthier eating. Many of our vacay meals were fairly healthy, I must add, such as grilled fish and raw oysters but there was the indulgence of 2 bottles of champagne and several bottles of Chardonnay, red blends, a few cocktails and beer. Plus the aforementioned post listing of JalapeƱo poppers, and chips and salsa and peach tarts.....yeah, like that.

So on Saturday, instead of a cheeseburger, I selected a turkey wrap stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, sweet peppers and light Italian dressing. It's never a hardship for me to eat a wrap, I love 'em.


IMG_9484

As you can see this one was packed. By the end of the second half I was just picking out the veggies and eating them as I was getting too full to continue eating the tortilla. Whew.....glad I didn't order the corn nuggets as I had originally planned.

IMG_9483

After lunch we took a short ride down a shady canopied road. Great weather and cool temperatures, we hated to come home but we still had to get some shopping done. I also needed a haircut, getting shaggy and I suppose I will play dress up and pretend I am an adult and get back to work.

Once we leave the workforce I assure you my "uniform" will be shorts, jeans, t-shirts, boots and sandals .....weather dependent on those choices.

Healthy meal plans coming up and a switch back to gluten-free soon. Doug needs to get off the Prilosec for a while and interesting enough, he doesn't have the heartburn issues when we eliminate gluten.

Hope your week is shaping up well and weather is good for anyone reading this.

Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sunday. Linkup is Here

SouperSundays

4 comments:

  1. The sandwich looks delicious. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays. I'm glad you had a great vacation! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb? It always goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wraps, but like you I usually don't end up eating all the tortilla. Your vacation sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great, thanks Vicki. We both enjoyed doing whatever we wanted, can't wait to leave the workforce!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........