Saturday, December 08, 2018

Homemade Potato Soup with carrots, onions, garlic and milk for Souper Sunday

Two weeks ago I posted a Potato Soup that was hearty and delicious, but not homemade. I haven't been able to duplicate that recipe exactly but I did whip up a pot of homemade soup for the cold work week.  Not sure why we can't get heat at work but I can combat the chill with a hot bowl of comfort food.

potatospup

While dinner was heating I started a saute with onions, garlic and carrots in butter and olive oil.  I added some 2% milk and a bit of broth with the potatoes.  Simmer for roughly 30 minutes until potatoes are soft.  This was good after it sat overnight in the fridge.

Other easy lunches I've brought are BLT sandwiches. What could be more simple than a BLT? I fry up the bacon in the morning, place some lettuce in a bag and pack all of that with bread and a tomato.

Oooo, I ought to combine that with the soup one day!

blt1

Pity I didn't have a toaster on hand, that makes for a better sandwich, in my opinion.

blt2


Homemade Potato Soup

1 thinly sliced carrot
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 or more garlic cloves, chopped
1 TB olive oil
3 TB unsalted butter
2 TB all-purpose flour
2 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups milk
1 cup broth

Simply saute the veggies in oil and butter.  Once soft mix in 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, then toss in the cubed potatoes and slowly add milk.  Add broth to dilute to the thickness you prefer.

Toppings can be diced bacon, cheese, scallions or whatever you like.

 Linking up with Deb for the Souper Sunday event at her place.  Check out her Tortelloni-Tomato Soup  HERE.  Join in at Kahakai Kitchen!


FullSizeRender (5)

2 comments:

  1. Your potato soup looks as delicious--really even more delicious--than the one you had a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decreed that Wednesday is soup day so I'm scrambling around looking for soup recipes! Potato soup is one of my favorites and this looks delicious! I love BLTs (though mine are really just bacon, tomato and mayo) but only in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........