Saturday, January 26, 2019

Arroz Con Pollo in the Instant Pot
{a Martha Stewart recipe}

Can you go wrong with The Martha? I just don’t think you can. Her recipes are tested and always come out the way you would expect.

This version of her Arroz con Pollo was prepared in the Instant Pot. I have made Martha’s version of Arroz con Pollo from her book One Pot and it came out well. This is even better cooked in the Instant Pot seems to tenderize the chicken.

arroz2

This is another one I will link to the Instant Pot tab above.  For the record, I haven't prepared any of the Instant Pot meals.  Much thanks to my husband for being the chef!

Martha Stewart's Arroz Con Pollo
Instant Pot recipe

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons turmeric
Coarse salt
3 cups water
1 ¼ cups long grain rice
¼ cup pitted olives (we like more than ¼ cup)

Directions

Heat oil in Instant Pot, set to sauté. Add chicken skin side down and cook until golden brown, flipping halfway through. About 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.

Add onion, green and red bell peppers and garlic to the cooker. Cook, stirring until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add turmeric and 1 ½ teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring, then add chicken to cooker along with any accumulated juice. Turn to coat vegetables. Stir in water and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and olives. We added extra olives, love ‘em.

Manually set cooker to 12 minutes, let come to pressure. Once time is complete quickly release pressure and remove lid. If rice isn’t fully tender, close lid, let rice continue to steam for 5 to 10 minutes.

We were fortunate enough to dine outdoors, something you can't count on too much in winter, therefore the photos are a bit dim.  We had Maduras (plantains), salad and a plate of tomatoes and avocado.  A cold Chardonnay went a treat with this meal.

arroz1





6 comments:

  1. Dining outdoors sounds divine. We did eat on the deck of our condo in South Carolina once but are now back in Michigan where it was 8ºF at 8 AM. Enjoy! The chicken sounds great.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my IP so much- just gave one to my son - am sending him this recipe. Thanks - visiting from Weekend Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to live in Florida and be able to eat outdoors (not today, its freezing). I have not made the leap to the Instant Pot yet. Agree Martha can usually rock a recipe.

    Take care.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to eat outside! And say what you will about Martha, her recipes are so reliable. I'll have to add this recipe to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont know much about instant pots. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been tempted by an instant pot lately. I'm terrified of pressure cookers so I've been somewhat against it. This sounds delicious and I've found Martha Stewarts savory recipes pretty reliable.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........