Monday, March 04, 2019

In My Kitchen - the March edition

Finally I am participating with Sherry's In My Kitchen event! The plan was to do a post for February but I was stricken with influenza so, zero energy to get my post completed on time. This month I can share the kitchen news and see what others have going on in their kitchens around the world.

Costco had a good deal on this Henckels cookware so we snagged some for home.  This means the Revere Ware pots and pans are moving out to our camper.  Winner both ways.

cookware

This photo is in the kitchen, Aja keeping careful watch over Doug as he prepares dinner.  Doug is expert with that Instant Pot and the meals have all been excellent.  I think the Lamb and White Beans has now surpassed the Braised Pork and Apple stew.

kitchen

A KitchenAid pot I usually forget I have as it's pushed to the back of the cabinet. Lamb stew is in the pot. This is a great little pot, originally purchased for no knead bread.

lambpot


My favorite mug.  Birds lined up according to size.

birdmug          


A mustard from Trader Joe's which went into one of the Instant Pot recipes

mustard

The kitchen.  Aja is checking for dropped crumbs. We'd like to get new counter tops soon.  Depends if we decide to move within the next two years how much money we sinking into the remodel.

kit



Joining in with Sherry for March's In My Kitchen Event!

SherrysPickingsInMyKitBadge02-Final-250pixels

7 comments:

  1. I recently bought a set of Rachel Ray pots and pans to replace the Wolfgang Puck set I had. Now I'm thinking I want a set of Copper Tri-Ply Cookware.

    As you probably know, we've been remodeling a house. We took it down to the studs and started over. We finally got our granite countertops put in and I love them. It was very expensive but well worth it, I think.

    My animals stand close by when I'm cooking too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better, Tina. Glad you posted for IMK this month. Mine will be up in a few. Love the photos of Aja in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tina
    how fabulous to see you here for IMK. sad to hear you had the flu last month. I wish i could afford to remodel my kitchen:) It is now 20 years old and needs a good overhaul. ah one day ... love that kitchenaid pot. i have a similar (in size i think) falconware one, which is great for casseroles and roasts - and breadbaking. have a great month. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dog is a great kitchen companion! I like your bird mug -- I think one of my tee shirts has the same image on it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post - your new pans, the fact that Doug is the Instant Pot expert, and your mug! We'll likely sell out house up north soon and are thinking about some remodeling. Sounds like kitchen and bath improvements are worth it for resale value...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, upheaval has been the name of your game in recent years, never mind your bout with the flu... aargh. You're doing the best you can! So glad you felt well enough to participate in IMK this month. Your pots and pans (even the old one) look lovely. Whatever it takes to cook a good meal! Yay for support, too -- your bird mug, pup, and significant other look like important aspects of your kitchen and recovery. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mug - especially the little hummingbird on the inside. I bought a casserole that I thought I'd use for no knead bread but I've had very little success with it. Maybe as the weather cools here I'll start making stews. Good to hear you're on the mend. =)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........