Friday, April 26, 2019

Chicken Stir Fry
{an adapted recipe from Tyler Florence}


  • It's Potluck time at I Heart Cooking Club - you can select any recipe and pick whichever chef you want.  I'm very partial to Nigella but this time I grabbed a Tyler Florence Chicken Stir Fry recipe.   I did make my own adaptions for our taste.
stir1

Actually I will make more adjustments this evening when we heat up the leftovers.  As you can see there are loads of cut up veggies but once the cooking started, the amount of chicken overwhelmed them. 
This evening I am going to cook more veggies to add to this stir fry.  One of the substitutions I made was using sweet chili sauce.  We didn't have Teriyaki on hand.


stir3



Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
  • 1 head broccoli, stems removed
  • 1 dozen mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 red bell peppers, julienned
  • 1/4 pound green beans, diced
  • 1 can water chestnuts
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce


  1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir. Place the chicken in the pan and brown 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, slice into strips, set aside.
stir2.jpg



  1. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat. Add the vegetables and teriyaki sauce (in our case it was chili sauce). Stir-fry quickly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the chicken strips, combine well and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
  2. The veggies were very crisp so next time I will stir fry longer before adding the chicken.  I don't want the veggies soggy but these were a bit too crisp.  Sounds like I didn't like the meal but honestly it was very good.

Sharing with Cooking Club and Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking event.



11 comments:

  1. I love the sweet chili substitute. I'm always looking for ways to add sweet chili sauce into just about anything. I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like one of those recipes that you can adapt to your taste and whatever is in the house, and still come out with a good dinner. I think that was the original meaning of stir fry!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try this with the teriyaki sauce. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awhile since I made a stir fry, it's a good way to get vegetables in a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have a bottle of sweet chili sauce on hand, mostly with chicken. As you can tell, I'm a fan for this combination. To stir together vegetables ia like adding icing on the cake. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love stir fry....I also have a good dump and go recipe where you roast it all (w/ teriyaki sauce) in the oven in one pan. Not as good as the wok but easier when you are on the run. Some interesting additions here that I am going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good stir-fry dish. This looks perfect with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quick weeknight dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stir Fry is such an easy dinner--this looks so fresh and vibrant! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sweet chili garlic sauce much better than teriyaki so I love that substitution! You’re reminding me that it’s been far too long since I’ve made stir fry. I need to get in that!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........