Friday, January 17, 2020

Carnitas sandwiches and Soupy Thai Chicken

Food and Books.  Two things I look forward to very much. I have been getting a bit of reading in while we hang around with Aja, getting her out for short walks to assist her recovery.  From this photo you can barely tell one leg is shaved.


C469F84F-2B58-49D5-90B0-13AD9F0E8F2C


I'm going to have some offerings for Deb's Souper Sunday this week.





Using up the leftover Carnitas I made last week was easy with buns. We had pulled pork sandwiches, Carnitas style. Recipe here. I also prepared homemade mac and cheese. Extra sharp cheese, please.

33115F9D-0758-483F-8B30-901D7426BCE4

Also last week we tried a new (to us) Thai restaurant in north side Tallahassee. I can tell you we will be back. It was the best Pad Thai Doug ever had and my Chicken Noodle bowl was soupy and delicious.

83AFD7EB-D06C-43E0-9B89-CB1BE50D307A

The portions are very generous

9F59A2EC-87CA-4FEF-B94B-9E89AF3F4B3C

Hoping we can eat there again soon and I’ll try and duplicate a few of their offerings.

Coming up I’d like to post some photos of our camping trip at St George Island state park. We had a good time and good food despite the electricity shutting the park down our first night and a campstove breaking. The weather was mostly good there were a few clear nights where the stars were absolutely gorgeous.

Sharing with

10 comments:

  1. Thai food is really appealing. I recently bought a second Asian cookbook with recipes for Thai salads (and other Asian salads), and I'll be trying them, I hope. Your sandwiches look good too, and I'm with you on sharp cheese!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pad Thai looks delicious! It's one of my favorite Asian dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved He Said, She Said!!!

    Would you believe I have never had mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your take on the Soupy Thai Chicken! I've got Rumor on reserve at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely balance in Thai food. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He Said, She Said is on my TBR list--I'll look forward to hearing what you think. Both your carnitas sandwich and the soup look tasty. I am craving Thai food right now. Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carnitas sandwiches look amazing as does the Thai food! My husband is not a Thai fan so I don't get it that much but it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so so glad that Aja is recovering so well! That's the best news.

    I was on Deb's site for Souper Sundays and had to come over because your carnitas sandwich was making me drool. There's just something so savory and satisfying about carnitas. I could go for one of those sandwiches right now!

    The Thai place looks terrific. We have one Thai restaurant and it is ok, but it doesn't look nearly as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a hefty plate of noodles. I love pad thai!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........