Friday, July 24, 2020

Avocado, Tomato and Cheese melt

We finally got our RV back!  That's the big news at our house.  We couldn't travel as no one wants Floridians right now.  For the record, I am a true Pennsylvanian at heart but having transplanted to the south in my early twenties, that and my drivers license makes me a Floridian.

Anyway....the RV means we can at least get a way for a bit.  It's self-contained so it's our own bed and kitchen.  Even if other states allowed us to visit I would be wary of staying in a hotel right now.  Another dog walking couple we see at the park regularly told us they can't make their annual trip west this year.  The lady told us they tried to get hotel reservations and as soon as they mentioned they were  in Florida they were told they couldn't accept their reservation.

I honestly don't blame them.  If you remember a while back Florida was keeping folks from Jersey and NY out, or asking them to quarentine for 2 weeks. Now we are the hotbed - we have poor leadership here.  I digress....

Let's talk lunch!  It's an easy lunch you can make at home or on the road.  Do I post a recipe for this?  Nope - it's dead simple.


86AF7701-B28B-46D0-92B5-09B04DED8C06


Slice up tomato and avocado, layer on bread and place a cheese slice firmly on the veggies/fruit to keep them from sliding out.  Butter bread and grill in a skillet.

EF839935-637A-40C9-ABD4-3100A27F9883

This is vegetarian but you can obviously add any of your favorite ingredients like bacon.  Oh, mushrooms would work for me too...or grilled or carmelized onions.
Next time...............

Some humor. I guess. Don’t get all offended, I’m in Florida!



25 comments:

  1. Why have I never heard of this particular combination on a cheese melt before? It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff! It's a quick lunch and delicous.

      Delete
  2. That looks and sounds like perfect comfort food when you can't do what you want, when you want, where you want these days. At least you can EAT what you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, that's true! We'd love to go somewhere but while we can't, we can create yummy lunches :-)

      Delete
  3. It's hours until breakfast. I could still eat one now. And I nver eat in the middle of the night. I love toasted cheese!

    be well... maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it could be a good breakfast sandwich too.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha, My first thought was that bacon would be an awesome addition!!! I made a variation of grilled cheese this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grilled or pressed sandwiches are so good. If we had room in the kitchen I would love a good sized panini press.

      Delete
  5. A sandwich is perfect in this very hot weather we have been having in Pennsylvania. I am a Florida resident but live in Pennsylvania (our home) for 5 months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, it's always better to have light foods in the summer and this sandwich is filling and warm enough without feeling heavy. Having said that, I would love a hoagie from my childhood Steak and Hoagie joint!

      Delete
  6. I could make the exact same comments about my state, Texas. Although the governor (finally!) required masks.

    I would love a sandwich like this. I'm a big fan of avocado and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Deb. Those of us with common sense will, hopefully, prevail.

      Delete
  7. Well, I think NY should be in that final picture Tina. And, I won't even get into the masks fiasco. Your sandwich is one of my favorites too. Always good. And, BTW, I finally tasted that black vinegar. Amazing, with a fine flavor. I added to my post in the interest of culinary science.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, thanks for the vinegar Intel. I'm thinking an Asian market might have it but I dont venture out much.
      NY would certainly feature in that comic but I didn't create it. Pandemic humor, I need it right now. As for masks, we always wear them out. I know some think that virus isn't a problem... until someone in their family is taken down by it.

      Delete
  8. This vegetarian is happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaheen, I'm glad and love your garden and website!

      Delete
  9. That sandwich looks delicious! I love anything with avocado and tomato.

    We hope to get out on the road in our RV in September. Just a few short trips along the Oregon coast and into Washington. We want to stay pretty close to home since my mom will be alone while we're away (she's 87).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, we are planning a short trip in August. It will still be hot but it's been ages since we have gotten away. We are staying in Florida for now. I see what you mean about not venturing too far.

      Oh, great idea about adding crab to the sandwich. Crab and bacon!

      Delete
  10. Just thought of another addition to your sandwich. Fresh crab! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is the same for us here in Victoria in Australia. We are not welcome in any of the other states at the moment, even if we were allowed to leave the house, which we aren't really at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marg, I think you are in the same shape as we are in Florida. Doug and I can travel within Florida but honestly, we just stay home and get the dog out to the park. I think we will feel safe camping next month as you can put distance between folks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Jinger, I know what you mean. It's too hot to grow any now.

      Delete
  14. That sandwich looks so delicious! It is in the round up this week--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Glad your computer is fixed now! Even happier hurricane Douglas skirted your island!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........