Friday, October 08, 2021

Roaming around The Market place in Omaha

 Omaha trip again.  One of the days we off on our own Doug and I spent time in a great Vinyl store.  They had other forms of entertainment as well such as DVDs and BluRay, CDs, loads of vinyl and even 8 Track!  We bought several B.B. King CDs,some Samantha Fish and a few movies.  

I can see we would be frequent customers at Homer's Vinyl if we lived near Omaha.

It was pretty wandering around the Market Place which is only a few blocks from our hotel.  This sign made me want ice cream.  Never did get it.

There's a little place called The Table and they make THE best waffles I have ever had. I'm usually a bigger fan of pancakes but these waffles.....so light and flavorful.

The owner spoke with us a few minutes and Tristan noticed his cell phone had a FSU Seminoles cover so he just said go noles. The man asked if we were fans, we told him we lived near Tallahassee and then he said he used to live there and his parents are still there! Small world.   But the waffles....seriously. we are eating there again if we go back.

Street signs adorning the walls


 This is a hidden gem tucked away on a main street in the Market Place.  When you enter through beautiful iron gates you'd think you'd landed in Italy. 

This is the portal and it attracted us immediately.


It was cooler in this courtyard, plants overflowing from windows in such abundance.

Lots of stairwells to check out.  This is Tristan at the bottom of one staircase.

Back onto the streets to see other businesses. A cigar shop here.

Travel shop with newspapers.


This plate and door attracted us as it's a throwback called The Gentelmen's Club.  We spoke with the lady who runs it as she was outside enjoying the sun on the terrace.  She took it over from her father and told us many of the decorations, windows, barware, etc were brought from England.





This photo does not do the windows justice.  They are stunning.


This looked like we were back in England.




The Spaghetti Works is a reasonably priced restaurant decorated with items that were in the old building when they  renovated.  The Italain dishes looked good and we enjoyed splitting a pizza and getting salad, saving our appetite for the Woodfire Grill at the hotel.


Such cool old lighting fixtures.



This salad......I just can't tell you how much I wanted salad and some veggies after a few days of eating restaurant food. You can't see all the wonderful (to me) ingredients I have stacked here but it's lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, cheese, beets (lots of beets) which are hidden under the pasta salad on the left. Broccoli, radish and peas. 
So. Good.



I could bore you with more photos of the trip but I will end this post with a photo of my sweet little granddaughter sporting a cool Harry Potter dress. We are both Potter-heads so that was fun.


Sharing with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sunday.



10 comments:

  1. I love searching through albums!

    I want some of those waffles they look amazing.

    What a cute courtyard.

    I LOVE stained glass, and different look doors.

    I LOVE salads and that looks so good, minus the black olives, beets, and radishes.

    Your granddaughter is so cute, and I love that dress. My oldest son, daughter in law, and two oldest grandkids are huge Potterheads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter looks adorable in her Harry Potter dress. It's wonderful that you were finally able to pay them a visit!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, thank you, it was so good to see them again. Far too long since our last visit.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful smile on your granddaughter's face. She is beaming!

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. We lived in Lincoln for 25 years and I love the Old Market in Omaha. Homer's and Ted & Wally's are old favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, what a small world! I have only been to Lincoln once and that was just to go to the horse races. I lived in Lawrence Kansas for a while so that was a short trip northward. Our first time in Omaha and it was fun walking aroubnd that Market place. We'd end up spending loads at Homer's if we lived there!

      Delete
  4. How cute id your granddaughter!?! It looks like a great visit. That salad looks like it would hit the spot for a craving. Thanks for sharing it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, that salad was fabulous! We had a home cooked meal at our son and girlfriend's apartment so that was good but it was more eating out than we are used to otherwise. Totally worth it for the visit!

      Delete
  5. You know I know nothing about Omaha other then its location. So many beautiful photos! I love your granddaughter's dress and her smile! She looks so excited. I know what you mean about craving vegetables after eating out all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, me either until we visited and there was still soooo much more to see. Liz was amazing :-) Her smile is great.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........