Sunday, July 10, 2022

I did not give up blogging

Hello and happy Sunday! There was a dump of info I thought to share but it's way too complainy so I'll just give you a nutshell version. 


We took a trip in the RV but didn't have a signal much of the time, at least in campsite. So zero blogging. Tried to chase cooler temps, read a lot, fell and hurt my knee (again), headed home. I have probably been to Tallahassee Orthopedic clinic more in the last year and half than I ever wanted. Fortunately we have good insurance but I can tell you, our benefits were better before medicare. We did pay more then too but....

Ok, it's getting too whiny so here is my update. :-)

Books /  The Dr Ruth Galloway series was very appealing to me at first with the mysteries, police investigations and archaeology.  I enjoyed reading about the excavations of Roman villages.  Sadly there is too much drama as the series goes on.  I posted on these three titles on the book blog.   The Crossing Places ,  The Janus Stone and The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths was my limit for this series.


The Lies I Tell by Julie Clark was good, got that one from NetGalley. This month I've gotten a few magazines to peruse. Paul McCartney turned 80 so I have the Time magazine and People special.  I was fortunate enough to have seen McCartney waaaay back in 1977.


Random things /  My friend Stacy in Texas told me about another word game. In addition to Wordle I now play Quordle. It's four times the Wordle game. 

 I don’t know why, but I really want this puzzle. 

And that is the non-exciting update from my part of the world. Hoping to get back into a groove and visit some folks online later. :-)

 Sharing with Deb at Readerbuzz for Sunday Salon.



20 comments:

  1. Wordle is enough for me. We also compete on the NYT mini crossword, keeping track of our scores and averages, so far I am leading this year. HMMM I had thought maybe you had introduced the MIdnight Killing author to me? It is book 2 so maybe start with Eden Mulligan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I also like crosswords and have recently started playing Suduko. Nope, the Midnight Killing is a new one to me!

      Delete
  2. Archaelogy and mystery often go well together. :) It's always annoying when you don't have signal but hope you had a fun trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! I may go back to that series after I catch up on the books here.

      Delete
  3. Good to see your return to blogging -- I was actually thinking you might have given it up! I am working my way through the Ruth Galloway books, but not too many at any one time. Keep on blogging!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I did consider giving it up as more time passed. For now I will keep up. New recipes have me motivated.

      Delete
  4. So nice to see your update! I hope you enjoyed your outing in the RV. We're getting ready to head south to CA and know we're heading into much warmer temps than here at home. :( I'm sorry you hurt your knee (again). Feel free to complain and feel grumpy! I've read a few Ruth Galloway mysteries, but it's been at least a year since the last one and they're not calling to me. I prefer Deborah Crombie's series. I used to play Qwordle, but stopped and now play just Wordle and the NYT mini crossword. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, California will be a nice change, please let me know how yu like it and where you go. Thanks for the good wishes about the knee. :-) There are so many books here I am giving Dr Ruth a break. Have not read any of Deborah Crombie books.

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you posting again. So sorry you fell again, hope it's better soon. I'll have my recipe from the magazine sometime this week, hopefully. I get squirreled a lot with posting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki. I also go down the rabbit hole when surfing around.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you are back. It's frustrating for me when we travel to places that have no internet service. And I'm sorry to hear about falling again...boy, do I understand that all too well.

    I love that crazy Star Trek cat puzzle, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, one day I will actually buy that puzzle, if I can ever find it again. I agree, not having internet access is frustrating and then I get used to the break.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Now that's a RV!! I can just imagine how much fun you have in that.

    Sorry to hear you fell and got hurt (again), hopefully your knee will be better soon.

    Thanks for visiting us earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, thanks so much. I appreciate you.

      Delete
  8. It's good to see you, Tina!! Sorry to hear about your knee. I manage to fall in the CVS parking lot last week...someone knocked out the cement bumper in the parking lot and left two rebar rods sticking up from the pavement. Of course I tripped on one, lots of blood but just superficial damage. Hope yours is better soon!

    My mother and I compare Wordle every morning. We both look forward to our text exchanges. My brother mentioned Quordle, but I've avoided even looking at it. Almost afraid to spend any more time on the computer than I already do, lol!

    Your new RV is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn. We have another trip planned soon and I will most definitely be watching where I am walking. Hope yuor injury is healed soon too.

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! I made it on the blog! I'm so sorry you hurt your knee again. For what it's worth, I don't think of you as a complainer at all. You're so good at sharing what you enjoy and the pleasures you find in food, camping, music, and books, but life isn't all ups - it's admirable to share the downs, too. I hope the clinic is helpful for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I appreciate you so much! The knee is problematic but it's not causing me to be completely inactive. Thanks for your good thoughts :-)

      Delete
  10. That puzzle is amazing! I wouldn't have been able to resist it either and I'm not even that big of a Star Trek fan. I'm so sorry about your knee. How frustrating. Hopefully you're able to maintain your normal stride. I have a wonky ankle and I can always tell it's acting up when my hip starts hurting because I'm walking weird to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katheriine, I had a surprise delivery and the puzzle was sent to me by a friend! I didn't know that at this posting. If you have trouble with your ankle I highly recommend a compression brace. It helps my knee quite a bit.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........