Wednesday, December 28, 2022

🍍 Pineapple Chicken for a fake-away dinner🍍

Today I have a one pot meal to share - Pineapple Chicken.  Ok, it's one pot if you don't want rice with it (but you will want it).  So,  you do need to start a pot of rice.  This was good for a fake-away meal.  All we needed were eggrolls or potstickers.


I followed the recipe more as a guideline and added extra green onions and a good handful of cashews.

This recipe has quite a few ingredients but overall it isn't difficult.  I liked it more than Doug did but would consider making it again for a lunch.  Recipe may be found  👉 HERE at All Recipes.

Sharing with Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.



16 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I like the addition of cashews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, the beauty of the cashew addition is you can add afterwards in case some people don't like them! But I love 'em.

      Delete
  2. I love this type of food. I'll check the recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, hope you like it. It's a tropical meal.

      Delete
  3. Yum! That looks delicious. We would definitely add rice (and pot stickers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, it's an easy one to prepare and I think this would go on the "easy-to-make-camping" list.

      Delete
  4. Yum! This looks delicious and like a great fake away meal. I love Trader Joe's brown rice in the microwave bags so for that I would still only need one pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I didn't know they had microwave bags of rice at TJs. Will look next time we are there!

      Delete
  5. Very tempting photo! I hope you will have a happy new year's eve celebration and a good year in 2023.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mae. Same to you and yours!

      Delete
  6. I'll have to try pineapple chicken as we love pineapples but never cook much with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I like using pineapple but we don't do it too often. Grilled pineapple is wonderful.

      Delete
  7. Chicken and pineapple sound great together. And since I'm cooking more for my dad and his wife, this one might work well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is not a fan of pineapple in savoury food. I wouldn't mind it though!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........