Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Board lunches

Charcuterie - it's like Lunchables for adults. The beauty of this lunch is there are so many choices for the servings.  One day we used proscuitto, Havarti cheese, Cherry Bomb tomatoes, walnuts, dates, golden and misson figs.



The Cherry Bomb brand tomatoes are amazing.  Very flavorful.


These dates are so moist and I will always look for this brand.


Another day we made it vegetarian and added toasted brown bread, Everything Bagel hummus and zucchini zoodles. Not shown are the grapes and olives.


The hummus, cucumber and grapes made a nice addition today.

These boards have been a nice change between the soups and sandwiches for lunches. 

It's just the two of us so we don't cram the serving board with too much, just the things we are in the mood for.

Linking with Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.


18 comments:

  1. Great idea! This is similar to how I eat lunches (minus the olives!). Wonder if I can get my husband on board (pun intended). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, can't hurt to try it! Adding some toast and hummus make sit more filling.

      Delete
  2. I eat like that a lot. It's quick and easy and cuts down your carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, we overdid the "boards" for awhile and will hold off before we have it again. It's so good!

      Delete
  3. This is such a clever idea. I especially love the olives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, it's a great lunch or appetizer. Thanks for the positive comment. We love olives as well.

      Delete
  4. You've already got my buying the Everything Bagel hummus, and now I'm going to look for that brand of figs. Cherry Bomb tomatoes are delicious! We like these boards, too, and every now and then will have one for dinner. Looking at your photos has made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I am addicted to that hummus. The figs are good but I found the figs need to be in a stoarge bag after opening. Apparently the snap lid on the plastic container doesn't always snap properly.

      Delete
  5. Lovely boards. My husband likes to make what he calls a "snack board". For those days that he is only hungry enough to nibble all day long! I love the zucchini noodles, what a great way to add a bit of crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I occasionally do that, but not often enough:). It's a great way to do lunch, or even a quick supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, it is an easy way to snack or get full with healthy fare.

      Delete
  7. I love those little tomatoes! I've had charcuterie boards at events but never thought about making my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, it's so easy and lately we have been adding a boiled egg for extra protein.

      Delete
  8. Your boards look so tasty! We like to do something like this on a lazy Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love charcuterie!! It also reminds me of a Ploughman's lunch in the UK which is always a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I enjoyed a few Ploughman's lunches when traveling and locally we had a tea shop serving a version. Sadly the tea shop closed.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........