Normally I don't flash any leg but thought you would like to see the immediate result of having 350 pounds of motorcycle fall on my leg. It was much worse in the bruising department as a few days went by!
I fell in my safety class…how hilarious is that?! I wasn’t paying attention, didn’t press the handlebars to the left (which is where the track was) and saw the grass.
I thought, If I hit that wet grass I’m toast. I went right into the grass, the bike went up on its side, came down on me and pinned me in the dirt. The instructors came down and helped get the bike off me, ascertained that I did not break my leg, and I went to sit my happy ass on the sideline while I nursed my pride.
Finally I was able to get back on and finish the course, take the exam and I passed! Even with a bum leg!!
I will say that I was quite the quitter early on. Being the only female in the class and being so close to finishing and taking the final exam...that kept me motivated. And my husband and son rode out to watch me in the final hours of class and to boost my morale ;-)I can say I am glad that I did it but it was tough going.
My leg was swollen by the end of Sunday evening. Had this injury occurred the day before then I could most assuredly say that I would have needed to reschedule as I could no longer bend my swollen knee.
After an x-ray to be sure I had not broken a rib, I have taken it easy all week, popping Advil, drinking whiskey to relax one evening (I was positively stupid by the time Jeopardy came on, ice and heat on the sore neck...now I am getting back to normal...such as that is.
To fun stuff - Laura of A World in a Pan and Nat of Girls are Made of Sugar and Spice have kindly bestowed upon me a cool award!
I am meant to share 7 things that you may find interesting....toughie, this one.
1. I didn't drive an automobile (nor was I licensed to drive)until I was 26 years old.
2. When I was 19 I traveled around Europe with the intent to stay or until the money ran out. The money ran out in 18 months but I saw many wonderful sites!
3. I first tasted oysters when I was in my 20s, after I'd moved to Florida. My favorite way to eat them is raw but I like fried as well.
4. I have a wonderful husband who shares the same interests I do - food, ales, wines, travel, motorcycles, Monty Python and the same sense of humor.... just to name a few.
5. I have had breast cancer twice, twelve years apart, and survived to be a pain in the butt to all around me ;-) I feel fortunate.
6. My favorite chocolate is dark and I'm partial to Green and Black brand.
7. In retrospect I realize that by today's standards I may have been considered a "stalker" of author James Michener by the number of letters and invitations I sent him in the 1990s!
More fun stuff..... I will nominate seven bloggers whom I enjoy reading and corresponding with. It's a toughie too as there are so many blogs I frequent.
1. Blogging Canada: Cathy at Accountants Can Cook!
2. Karen with Cooking with the Captain whom I am just recently acquainted and enjoy her recipes
3. Joie de Vivre who is one of the very first blogs I started following. Love her book reviews, recipes and French tips!
4. Laquet has two blogs that I enjoy but she's been inactive on both for awhile. I will select her Snipped and Snapped as I enjoy looking at all the photos. She gives me my "English and French fix" when ever we correspond ;-)
5. The Wandering Coyote also has two blogs and I am going to select her food blog ReTorte. She has been so very helpful to me with Internet questions,Foodbuzz questions, recipes and tips and so much more. There has not been a single recipe of hers we have tried so far that hasn't been a winner!
6. Kim over at Stirring the Pot has been a recent addition to my sideboard. She has some great recipes and a great sense of humor!
7. Last but not least, Janel of Janel's Jumble has a cool blog with good book reviews and much more. Check her out!
So this is what you have to do:
1) Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
2) Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
3) Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
4) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
It's taken me forever to get back online so this is a pleasant thing to fool about with. I hope to be cooking and blogging about it soon.
Interesting week, weather-wise. On Tuesday evening we were able to sit outside enjoying a good dinner as the temperatures were Springlike. ...
There are days I just want to be at home. Sit in the den and read while Aja stares and casts judgement. I'm so ready to retire and I kn...
Guess what I made recently? Brown Soda Bread from a recipe in the book Stir by Jessica Fechtor . It was a hit. Moist and flavorful. Per...