Thursday, October 09, 2008

New jacket and nose update

First, the nose story. Being the little cancer farm that I am, and also being as I've been without any nasty malignancy for seven years and ten months....basil cell carcinoma decided to reveal itself, rearing it's tiny head. On my nose.
The biopsy wasn't that bad, in spite of the needle to the nose. Well. When I went back to the doctor to have the cancerous part cut away I did know it would be a deeper cut. I also knew it would take longer. But the experience was a bit different than I thought it would be.

While I fully appreciate anesthesia and numbness (particularly when I was awake during proceeding) the needle jabs in the nose were more protracted and certainly hurt more. The lidocaine didn't agree with me as well this time around and I had lots of swelling.

The bandages required to cover the wound were so thick and raised that I am trying to keep my glasses on and drive back to work without looking through the bifocal part. This left me to lean my head down, as they told me not too, and try and see through the top part. See evidence below. Also see swollen face and drunken-looking relief. Note I said "drunken looking" as I couldn't take in any alcohol as I was nauseous. Clearly this isn't me at my best.


Much better now and the swelling has gone down quite a bit. My nose may end up with a stunning lighting bolt scar and I’ll just say I survived a Voltemort attack along with Harry Potter.

Oh, my new jacket arrived in today's mail. It's a pretty burgundy colored Joe Rocket armored jacket. The armor is in the arms and elbows and also a strip along the spine. It came with a liner in case it rains and it fits like it was made for me. Typically if I get a package I wait awhile before opening it but I tore into this one. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........