Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Five Minute Chocolate Cake!

Five Minute Chocolate Cake...really. My coworker buddy Sheila Smith turned me on to this recipe. Try this, it’s fun!

You need the following ingredients:

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

It will take 2 minutes to toss this together. Next time I'll mix it in my 2 cup Pyrex measring cup and then pour into the mug.

Get ready to cook!

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well….Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

NOTE – If you use chocolate chips run them through a bit of flour so they won’t all sink to the bottom of the mug. I used a partial bar of Green and Blacks dark chocolate and should have shaved it into thin strips. But I broke the pieces up and they made it too melty. Some stick to the bottom.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

Here is it cooking



The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!



Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. Obviously I did not allow it to cool enough. Some adhered to the inside of the mug.



It was still moist and warm.



Remember I mentioned before that we try and use everything – leftovers make something else? Well the Eton Mess Doug made a few days ago had gotten a bit runny so, we dumped it over the cake.



Even if you don’t have leftover Eton Mess, I’d recommend trying this cake in a mug. It was fun and fast. I’d bet children would love to help out doing this and you’ll have a treat to share when you are finished.

6 comments:

  1. I am so giving this a try. My kids will enjoy doing it too! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, especially with the leftover Eton mess on top - gorgeous! Now where have I seen a similar recipe lately with chili in it???

    I am so looking forward to your Southern omnivore list - it'll be a challenge for me to find ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes - here! Planning to try this soon, sounds similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna - It's fun just making it; eating it is the bonus!

    Jo - Thanks for the link. That looks really good. With a bit of a kick. Doug and I have been bantering ideas about regarding the southern omnivoure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is really making the rounds these days, eh? I've had it emailed to me two or three times recently. I guess I should actually try it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coyoye - you ought to. It was the first time I had ever seen this recipe...it was sent to me at work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........