Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crockpot Peach and Pear Cobbler

Grease, stir, cook, serve...what could be easier!




You'll need the following........

1/3 cup buttermilk baking mix

2/3 cup quick dry oats

1 tsp cinnamon

4 cups sliced peaches (canned or fresh) I used pears and fresh peaches.

½ cup peach juice or water


Hmmmmmm.....which crock pot should we use...the ancient small green one or the large Rival with removable crock. Let's make alot of cobbler..the big one!




1) Grease crockpot. Now mix together baking mix, oats and cinnamon inside.


2) Stir in peaches and juice.

Note: It was at the point when I went for the large can of peaches in the pantry that I discovered they were in fact, pears. So, I used the canned pears and peeled and sliced two large juicy peaches.




3) Cook on low for at least 5 hours. If you like drier cobbler remove the lid the last 15 minutes.


4) Serve with ice cream or frozen yogurt for a real treat.



Much thnaks to Deb over at Dining with Debbie for inviting me to Crock Pot Wednesdays!

7 comments:

  1. I am definitely not using my crock pot to its full potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was pretty easy...and I am, like "The Dude", a lazy individual sometimes......so this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that smaller very old green crockpot too! It was my mom's. I have never seen anyone else with it - LOL! Love the cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT!!! recipe for the crockpot. This is a must try soon recipe.

    I have become a follower of your blog, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.

    THANKS!!! for the YUMMY!!! recipe.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. THank you for the "step by step" recipe Love the shot of your pans amidst cooking books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two favorite fruits in the same delicious cobbler - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........