Friday, October 23, 2009

Peach Crisp



Well, the recipe is meant to be a blackberry crisp...but we modified a bit.

Join me over at IHCC for Nigella's latest inspirations for the theme Potluck.........

You'll need the following for a peach crisp. If you want to follow Nigella's directions, replace the peaches with blackberries.

* 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 1-1/2 teaspoons water
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 cup cold butter
* Vanilla ice cream

Directions:

Place peaches in a greased 1-qt. baking dish.



In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.





Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream.

We didn't have vanilla ice cream so we plopped a scoop of chocolate on the crisp. Really good.....



Nigella Express, Workday Winners section, page 52

Definitely one I would like to try again...maybe a different fruit...but I'll tell you...the peach was excellent.

12 comments:

  1. berry desserts are my favorite and blackberry among the berries also my favorite...YUM...

    the peaches look really good too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what kind of crisp it is...I'll take it!! Sounds great w/ the peaches, though :D Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with girlichef...any kind of crisp is good in my books. Peach is great...but you should also try plum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me so confused. I saw peaches, but the recipe said blackberries. So I went back and read that you changed the recipe to peaches. I've done that. I love any kind of crisps with ice cream. YUMMY!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id prefer the peaches too. The topping sounds excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, I love a good crisp! Brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and fruit - what's not to love?!
    I love that you paired it with chocolate ice cream too - a gal after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds perfect for the weather here. It's cold and rainy, so something warm and sweet sounds good. Was the chocolate ice cream really good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peaches or blackberries, I am with girlichef--doesn't matter as long as it is a homemade crisp. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all for using chocolate ice cream in place of vanilla :D This peach crisp looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! It was great and I just back online after a 3 day trip to St George Island. Weather was great, turned a little chilly, and I could use a bowl of hot crisp right now.

    Can't wait to surf around and see what everyone else has been cooking this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........