Saturday, December 24, 2011

Caprese Bacon Chicken and a Mini Weekend Wine Review: La Vieille Ferme



An inexpensive French wine we like to enjoy with a variety of dishes. Good deep coloring, quaffable with berry fruit tastes an sometimes a hint of pepper, medium-bodied beauty we love to have gracing our table.


International night at our place. We enjoyed this French wine with Caprese Bacon Chicken. Draw in a big breath, savor the aroma and sit down to a damn fine meal. I love eating at home.



This is a dish served at Olive Garden restaurants but I modified it quite a bit. No cream in the fridge so.......I made it as I wanted to and...viola!

Use roma tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil (heavenly scent as you pick from the garden), a tiny bit of tomato sauce, sea salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese and chicken breasts. I actually used chicken tender as the breast meat is too dry for our taste.

8 bacon strips
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or chicken tenderloins)
1 TB olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 slices mozzarella cheese

Fry up the bacon. Set aside. Now saute the tenders then set aside. Next toss the Roma tomatoes in the skillet with garlic and basil and a tad of tomato sauce. Place the tenders into a baking dish and smother with tomato mixture. Top with bacon then mozzarella. Use the thick cut slices of mozzarella.

Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.

Easy...so easy.



Bon appetit and ...Buon appetito!

6 comments:

  1. Great work and great ideas to learn about some delicious recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this wine; one of our favourites,
    This recipe is perfect; simple is sometimes best; Great combination of ingredients.
    We got snow yesteday, so it reslly looks like Christmas. hope you have a perfect day.
    Hugs.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wine Club!

    Rita, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy that snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - lost my bloody comment :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. *starts typing again*
    Sounds 'bloody gorgeous' - bacon plus the whole tomato/mozzarella/basil thing is always right up my alley! And griddled asparagus - my favourite!

    We (mainly Si and me) are preparing apéros for 34+ people tonight and then cooking dinner for 14 British expats (the 20+ French/Dutch neighbours will all leave en masse 60 minutes after they arrive) who are staying to really 'EAT'!! *sharpens knives and tucks tea-towel into the waistband of my jeans* Wish me luck! :o/

    p.s. I seem to be far too fond of the 'bloody' word this morning - must be the Swansea coming out in me ... or else I need a 'Mary' to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........