Caprese Bacon Chicken and a Mini Weekend Wine Review: La Vieille Ferme



An inexpensive French wine we like to enjoy with a variety of dishes. Good deep coloring, quaffable with berry fruit tastes an sometimes a hint of pepper, medium-bodied beauty we love to have gracing our table.


International night at our place. We enjoyed this French wine with Caprese Bacon Chicken. Draw in a big breath, savor the aroma and sit down to a damn fine meal. I love eating at home.



This is a dish served at Olive Garden restaurants but I modified it quite a bit. No cream in the fridge so.......I made it as I wanted to and...viola!

Use roma tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil (heavenly scent as you pick from the garden), a tiny bit of tomato sauce, sea salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese and chicken breasts. I actually used chicken tender as the breast meat is too dry for our taste.

8 bacon strips
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or chicken tenderloins)
1 TB olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 slices mozzarella cheese

Fry up the bacon. Set aside. Now saute the tenders then set aside. Next toss the Roma tomatoes in the skillet with garlic and basil and a tad of tomato sauce. Place the tenders into a baking dish and smother with tomato mixture. Top with bacon then mozzarella. Use the thick cut slices of mozzarella.

Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.

Easy...so easy.



Bon appetit and ...Buon appetito!

5 comments:

Wine Club said...

Great work and great ideas to learn about some delicious recipes

Rita said...

Love this wine; one of our favourites,
This recipe is perfect; simple is sometimes best; Great combination of ingredients.
We got snow yesteday, so it reslly looks like Christmas. hope you have a perfect day.
Hugs.
Rita

Pierce said...

Thanks Wine Club!

Rita, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy that snow!!

Le laquet said...

OMG - lost my bloody comment :o(

Le laquet said...

*starts typing again*
Sounds 'bloody gorgeous' - bacon plus the whole tomato/mozzarella/basil thing is always right up my alley! And griddled asparagus - my favourite!

We (mainly Si and me) are preparing apéros for 34+ people tonight and then cooking dinner for 14 British expats (the 20+ French/Dutch neighbours will all leave en masse 60 minutes after they arrive) who are staying to really 'EAT'!! *sharpens knives and tucks tea-towel into the waistband of my jeans* Wish me luck! :o/

p.s. I seem to be far too fond of the 'bloody' word this morning - must be the Swansea coming out in me ... or else I need a 'Mary' to go with it!!

Taziki's Signature Pasta Salad vs. Cobb Salad for lunch on the run

We usually eat at home.  On weekends we grab lunch out when we ride somewhere or when we are running errands.  Overall, we keep the dining o...