Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Wine Wednesday - XYZin: Old Vine Zinfandel




XYZin Zinfandel, 100 year old vines, Dry Creek Valley, This California varietal is fast becoming a favorite. I don’t know why we thought we didn’t like zinfandels before this. Perhaps our palates changed, or paired the few Zins with the wrong food and had a clashing of tastes. Or maybe we just had a bad bottle or bad year. Either way, instead of snubbing the racks of Zinfandel when we pursued the wine shops, this time we decided to give it another try. Very happy we did.

The earthy scents and dark fruit (not cherry) add to the rich taste. Long legs, lovely to gently swirl about the glass while you enjoy your dinner and good conversation. Very reasonable price under $20. Buying more of this label for sure. Recommended

8 comments:

  1. I haven't had Zinfandel in so long Tina. I've been on a Rosé kick these days:) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a Zinfandel and ... ~~louise~~ if you're on a rose kick have a white Zinfandel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a white zinfandel...on the way! Louise, I tend to follow Puxsutanwey Phil's advice and have 6 more weeks of red wine.

    Looking forward to Roses when it gets warmer though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me...I need to make a run to the wine store soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A White Zinfandel, now that's wonderful idea. Thanks Le laquet! Any suggestions?

    Tina you are so funny. I guess that's one way to get one over on that darn Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........