Wine Wednesday - Selvapiana Chianti Rufina & new wine glasses

Try saying Selvapiana Chianti Rufina after a glass or more of this refreshing ruby red wine. The name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue but the taste is deliciously juicy with blackberry and a hint of spice. Cinnamon comes to mind, but a light touch of it.



I saw these wine glasses used in a few movies and in a few cookbook photos too. The appeal of the stemmed glass, a traditional wine glass, wins out over these stemless varieties. Still, I had to try them. The glass itself is delicate and well-shaped but there is just something about holding the glass in my hot little hand that I don’t care for.

With regular stemware I sip and sniff. Obviously you wouldn’t want to use them with white wine as it would warm the vino too much. We are keeping the glasses but now that I have tried them, definitely prefer a traditional stemmed wine glass.

Still loving that chianti though!

2 comments:

Le laquet said...

Glasses could be used for a layered fruit with yoghurt / crème fraîche dessert with a brûlée topping???

Tina said...

Mrs L, that's a brilliant idea! I need to send you an email, catch up on lots of things :-) hope you are still on holiday and enjoying

xxxxx

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...