Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Reader's Workout series #2

(Cross posting from Novel Meals)

Readers-workouts-Joy-1

Good day and welcome to my second link up with Joy at Joy's Book Blog for her Reader's Workouts series!

I had hoped to have something amazing to report for my second Reader’s Workout……alas, I managed to injure my leg so not as much exercise as I’d hoped or planned.

I did start another yoga DVD, YogaFit Seniors. I choose this one because I figured is was low inpact and I could start with something aimed at, what I image to be, inflexible people. Don’t know if that is when I pulled a muscle or something but….I have only done a few routines with it. What I liked about this DVD is the different types of people they use in the video.

FullSizeRender

They have a 68 year old woman who is in better shape than I am and a 63 year old man who is less flexible than I am. The man started yoga after sitting on a floor and couldn’t get up. He realized he needed to do something to improve his flexibility. That applies to us office drones who tend to sit in an office chair day after day. It’s killer for the back and legs.

Last time I participated in Reader’s Workout I received many nice comments and suggestions for other yoga DVDs and routines. Thank you!

Walking: With my husband out of town I ended up with double walks with our dogs. They kept a pretty good pace so, that was great for me. They are not greatly cooperative walking together so I took them separately. Also, Doug and I had a few good walks up and down our driveway, can’t wait for the warmer weather so we can get back to a routine.

Building up to walks and other routines little by little.

How was your week?

8 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting your yoga on! I always love workout videos that show realistic people and not just athletic models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. I need the motivation of joining up online with others. I hope to be fit and limber by the end of this year!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........