Thursday, May 21, 2015

Roasted Vegetables, Mediterranean Style!

So, my husband has been out of town on business and I making dinner for one. Since I like leftovers (because they are great to bring for lunch the next day) I made a massive amount of roasted vegetables and couscous. It was so good I have to share it. This is one of my favorites, you can add any sort of veggies you fancy. This last time I used eggplant, zucchini, garlic cloves, carrots, a parsnip, cherry tomatoes, red and green bell peppers.

See how pretty? So many colors, ready to get mixed up and roasted.
IMG_2920

Put a few good dollops of olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper in the mix and you’re in business. Rosemary would be a nice addition too….pity I didn’t think of that before.

Spread the chopped veggies on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes at 375 F.

Here it is out of the oven.

IMG_2924

My son came by for dinner so we shared this with couscous, leftover chicken and watermelon. Oh, toss some feta cheese on the veggies and it melts enough to make it all creamy. Not a sauce, not that thick. So. Good. My granddaughter ate some too, she has an adventurous palate for one so young and I am happy about that.

Next I will have to regale you with a story about an immersion blender and why it's a great idea to keep a stocked first aid kit at home :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love making meals like this when the.boy isn't home! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........