Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Wine Wednesday - Dogajolo

It’s been so terribly long since I wrote up a review for Wine Wednesday. One reason is we have been having some of the same Roses as well as cutting back on alcohol consumption.

Recently we were looking for a white or Rose to go with a scallop dish I was preparing. Since I was making the dish that very evening we didn’t have time to chill a wine and sought out the small selection already in the cold case at Market Square Liquors.

IMG_3496

This one was recommended and it was so good, we finished the bottle. We had been getting good about enjoying one glass and giving my sad liver a break. Ok, this was the exception!

This aromatic wine is a blend of 40% Chardonnay, 30% Grechetto and 30% Sauvignon Blanc. I have no idea what the grechetto grape is other than a white and it’s grown in Tuscany. I love it.

IMG_3497

The Dogajolo label offers a variety of other wines but this one, it was very good. It tasted refreshing, a medium body which was great on the palate, slightly floral but not overpowering. This one was a good pairing with the seafood dish. Very complimentary. I would recommend this as a great summer wine.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people who drink wine, but I've only found one or two types that I can tolerate so I don't drink it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed it for a long time, as in every night with meals, but we've cut back significantly. Seems I am enjoying the taste but then not loving the buzz lately.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........