Monday, September 07, 2015

Books, Missing Kobe, Trike ride and such..........

We still miss this little guy. So many things bring him to mind... like a walk in the park and one of us is dogless. We now take turns walking Aja. When we have movie night and give her a Kong - I miss how he would sit so straight awaiting his treat as she circled us from living room to kitchen. She is adjusting to Kobe's absence but I sometimes wonder if she is lonely.


KobeAJA

MailBox Mondays: I just discovered this. You share what books you receive in the mail. I posted HERE

IMG_4081

We rode to Dothan Alabama on Friday so I could shop for a half shell helmet. Here is Doug after that hot ride. That was a little over 200 miles that day (round trip). I am coming to understand I don't like shopping all that much, even for fun things like helmets. So many choices and decisions! Photos on that ride coming up.

IMG_3957

I made a good vegetarian meal last week and need to share that recipe soon. It was inexpensive too. Win-win.

IMG_3924

This weekend I started my game of "Let's Pretend We're Moving." Here's how you play - pretend you are about to move to a smaller place and go through your closets and piles and clutter. You will soon see what you are willing to pack and which books, clothes, kitchen items etc are important to you. I usually get worn out with that game but so far, I have quite a few boxes that are headed out to charity.

What is going on in your world??

9 comments:

  1. It's so sad when we loose a pet. Even our other fur babies miss them.

    I'm a back and forth shopper. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on my mood and what I'm looking for.

    I love seeing all your photos of you biking adventures! I would love to just hop on a bike and take months to go all over the U.S. and Canada.

    That spaghetti or whatever it is looks yummy.

    My son and I are moving to a much smaller house. I'll have a post about that up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pasta looks delicious.

    Welcome to Mailbox Monday...it is such a fun meme. So glad you found us.

    It will also add to your toppling TBR list.

    I hope we see you back each week.

    Don't forget to put your name in the linky list if you haven't done so.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh losing pets - done it ONLY twice, rubbish at it! RUBBISH!
    We so need to de-clutter ... done a lot recently (linked to new windows), need to do much more!
    Hugs for you both x

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s Vin and Don are in Spain with nephew #3 and his girlfriend ... I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how much you must be missing Kobe. It's so hard to lose a pet. Hopefully you and Aja are doing okay. I like your lets pretend we're moving game! I just finished the The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (or whatever it's called) and felt inspired to clean out my closet. I got rid of 2 huge bags of stuff and you really can't tell a difference. I think I need to go through it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your very nice comments. I am still cleaning out a particularly full closet and am making progress. I ought to have taken photos of the before shot.

    Vicki - If you are moving to a smaller pace you will most certainly cull out books, clothes and more! Thanks for your thoughts about Kobe.

    Elizabeth - thanks so much, I hope to participate often :-)

    Mrs. L - we are also jealous of the Spain trip :-( I like the photo of the new door on Instagram.

    Katherine - I will check out that book. Anything to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tina:)
    It sounds like you are going through a difficult time missing Kobe. I am so sorry for you. I have missed so many posts. I can't even think about trying to catch up.

    Thank you for thinking about me. Things are calming down, finally. Pretend Moving Day sounds GREAT! At the top of my To-Do-List is to definitely clean out things. I want to be able to hit the road whenever possible. Cleaning out is a top priority around here!!!

    I skimmed through some of your posts and I must say I LOVE the pictures. You and Doug are an adorable couple, lol...The vegetarian meal looks intriguing.

    Thanks for sharing, Tina, stay well, have FUN "see" you soon:)

    Not much good cooking going around here lately but I will be getting back on track soon. Gotta watch those numbers, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to "pretend move"!! We used to REALLY move with my husband's job, every 3-8 years, so it was a good way to clean out, but then he switched and we've been here for 20. I have way WAY too much stuff.
    There is no time limit on grief--- :~(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a 'shopper' - holidays / trips are instead about places and eating and people.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........