Thursday, September 29, 2016

Siamese


Look at this face. What gorgeous eyes. This guy and his sister, seemingly full Siamese with the loving nature, the brilliant eyes and crooked tail were abandoned at a church located behind our home.

cat2

Here is the little girl tucking into a some food we brought. Who could turn down a boiled egg and cheese?

cat1

We walk in the mornings and one leg of the journey takes us down a dirt road which leads to a church. On a Saturday we see this cat sitting in the middle of the yard in front of the church. She runs toward us and starts slamming her head against our ankles then weaving, that figure eight they do around your legs. Clearly not a feral cat.

We go home but later in the day on another walk, we see a second cat, that pretty male above.  He is also friendly and now obviously hungry.  It was determined, well......the best educated guess, from anyone consulted about these beauties, that someone left them on a Saturday because there would be plenty of people arriving at the church the next day. Maybe someone there would take them in.

People came and went on Sunday and by the evening, the cats were still there.

cat3

Now my worry gene is kicked into overdrive, and I'm concerned about them spending another night out in the heavy rain. Long story short, we called out veterinarian and they provided us with a number for a cat rescue person. Thankfully, he was able to pick them both up on Monday evening. Probably he'll keep them but they could easily be adopted out.

Perhaps an elderly person couldn't take care of them anymore and thought a church would be a good place for them to be picked up. Or someone died and the relative decided against rescue or a animal shelter. There are those who feel an animal will have a better chance in the woods hunting than in a shelter where they may get put down.

That is sooooo wrong. A house pet is used to shelter and being fed. They don't know how to hunt. They depend on their owners to take care of them. Since we have bears, bobcats, foxes and wild pigs in our little rural area it certainly wasn't safe for these kitties. But they are now in a home being cared for and feed. They have shelter and they will never be hurt or dumped. I just had to share this little story - it did have a happy ending.

cat4

Linking up with:
Caturday Art
Cat Thursday

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to find these beauties a happy ending. We have an outdoor cat (she insisted - I really didn't want her to be but there ended up being no way to keep her indoors) and she's been gone for a few days and I'm worried sick. My grandparents live out in the country and for the last 20 years all of their animals have been dogs and cats that people have dumped. They currently have a mostly German Shepherd who is a total sweetheart and the biggest dog I've ever seen - best guess is part Mastiff, part St. Bernard with maybe some bloodhound. The guess is that someone got him as a Christmas puppy without realizing that his feet were the size of dinner plates and when he was 4 months old and 60 pounds they decided he was too big and dropped him off. He has the best personality and is just a great dog except that he really wants to sit in peoples laps.
    The cat they have now is one that my daughter and I got out of their attic and is similar to these Siamese. Someone had obviously dumped her and she was obviously someone's beloved pet. She had been well taken care of and had even been spayed. Our guess was similar to yours - either the owner had died or their was an ugly divorce and one party had dumped the cat.
    Far more than you want to know I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, I liked hearing your story and I agree and understand, people can be heartless and dump animals in the woods all the time. It's ridiculous. And it's cruel. I can't tell you the number of critters I have hauled away to a rescue - some were in a starving state and frightened, some were newly homeless. It's heart breaking.

    I'm glad your grandparents took so many in. they are good people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad these kitties had a happy ending. They were very lucky to be found by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how hard it is not to bring a stray into your home. My son brought home a kitty not long ago and she wasn't weened so we had to take turns feeding her through a bottle. Thankfully she took to canned cat food quickly to the bottle feedings are less frequent. She just can't seem to get that she's supposed to drink from the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got so wrapped up in my own story that I forgot to say how awesome it was that you called someone to come and take them to a safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rosa!

    Vicki, I read about your new kitty on your blog and it's so good of you to bottle feed this poor abandoned baby. I'm sure she will love being part of the household.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy that these kitties were friendly and sought out your help when you were out walking. We love stories with happy endings, and it does our hearts good to know that these two gorgeous kitties are gong to have a forever home out of the elements. Thanks for sharing their story and hopping with us. Love the title of your blog. We share our resident squirrels on our blog quite often. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, it is soo wrong to dump a house cat. I am so pleased all things turned out ok and that you took action. purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor kitties, I am glad they got saved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're so glad that the kitties are rescued. We hope they get a wonderful forever home. How could anybody leave them?

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks you all for the comments! I can't tell you how many cats and dogs we have had to take to rescue. All our pets are rescue animals as well.
    Tina
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful kitties. I hope they find a good forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad the story has a happy ending. What gorgeous, precious babies. I have nothing pg rated to say about the people who dumped them ... so I'll leave that part alone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. People who dump animals are scum. If I ever met one I would sock them in the jaw (yeah I am THAT angry) I a SO over people dumping animals - really. I do not see justice being meted out to these people - they get away with it. Pure evil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was on the edge of my seat with that story! I'm so glad it had a happy ending. I'll bet those sweeties will be adopted fast, since they're so friendly and amazing looking. Here's hoping you won't have to step in and rescue more dumps in the future, because people will treat their cats with kindness!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........